OverviewBentall Kennedy Director, Asset Management Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Director, Asset Management
Bentall Kennedy is one of North America’s largest real estate investment advisors. We are also Canada’s largest property manager, providing comprehensive real…
Director, Asset Management
55 University Avenue
Bentall Kennedy is one of North America’s largest real estate investment advisors. We are also Canada’s largest property manager, providing comprehensive real estate services to our clients. Bentall Kennedy serves the interests of more than 500 clients across 140 million square feet of office, retail, industrial, and residential properties throughout North America. As a leader in Responsible Property Investing, we are committed to best-in-class environmental, social and governance practices in developing, leasing and managing commercial real estate.
The Manager, Asset Management will be responsible for the management and performance of a portfolio of office and industrial properties managed by Bentall Kennedy on behalf of a major separate account client. Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the Directors’ responsibilities will include assisting in managing, analyzing and reporting on property performance, working closely with the asset management team and Bentall Kennedy’s property operations, leasing, finance and senior management groups. This role includes bringing together real estate market and economic research materials and producing analysis, reports and studies for dissemination to clients and senior management in the decision-making process.
The role is located in Toronto and will also work with the investment management teams in Vancouver and Calgary.
- Lead the preparation of annual property business plans, and where applicable development plans, monitoring the plans and reporting on performance both internally and to the client
- Work closely with internal property operations and leasing teams, assist in preparing annual leasing, operating and capital budgets, together with supporting material for presentation both internally and to the client
- Monitor the assets by reviewing monthly operating reports and ongoing review of leasing activity, major expenses and capital programs
- Establish a regular review process with the property manager for major capital upgrades and any other special projects
- Assist in developing leasing strategies based on an ongoing review of market conditions and annual property appraisals
- Carry out on-site reviews of the assets on a regular basis, no less frequently than quarterly.
- Provide assistance to the internal asset management team and to the client as requested; this may include special reports, tours of assets, etc.
- Ensure that all properties are in compliance with the environmental policies set up by both the client and Bentall Kennedy
- Primary responsibility for quarterly and other periodic reporting internally and to client on performance of managed assets
- Work with portfolio management team to coordinate and assemble reporting documentation
- Provide input as required to the quarterly appraisal process
- Report orally or in writing as required internally and to the client
- Preparation of financial analysis, cash flow, proformas and market reports and client approval documentation
- Assist in real estate transaction and development activities as required, including due diligence and underwriting support
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Embrace and proactively support Bentall Kennedy’s culture of environmental and social responsibility
- Other duties as required
- Embrace and proactively support Bentall Kennedy’s culture of environmental responsibility and social responsibility.
- Education - University Degree in Real Estate or other relevant Degree. Participation in CFA program is an asset.
- Experience - Minimum 7 years of real estate experience including 4 years of asset management experience; demonstrated knowledge of the office and industrial asset classes, and space markets
- Relationship Skills – Superior oral and written communication skills; well-developed presentation skills; ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships internally and externally; ability to exercise strict confidentiality
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills – Smart and highly self-motivated; ability to allocate one’s time effectively, work effectively under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, and adapt to new ideas and constant changes; ability to use initiative and self-managing skills to work independently with minimal direction and respond effectively to issues that arise; accurate and detail-oriented
- Computer Skills – Advanced knowledge of Excel, Power Point and Word; familiarity with Argus is an advantage
Upon request, accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process is available through Bentall Kennedy’s Human Resources department for applicants with disabilities
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24