OverviewBell Corporate Responsibility Coordinator – Environmental Management System, Temporary 1 year Temporary in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Corporate Responsibility Coordinator – Environmental Management System, Temporary 1 year
Practical knowledge of Canada’s environmental legal framework (federal, provincial and municipal), including solid knowledge of the ISO 14001:2015….
Req Id: 134780
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 136 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Corporate Groups offers best practice services to support the organization, including Finance, Legal & Regulatory, Brand, Corporate Services – including HR, Communications, Real Estate, Security and Procurement & Value Creation.
Reporting to the Senior Specialist, Corporate Responsibility and Environment, the incumbent will be part of a multidisciplinary team and will oversee the management of the company’s Environmental Management System (EMS) as per the ISO 14001 standard.
In this position, the incumbent will work closely with team members and various business units within the company to:
- Ensure that the company’s EMS is compliant to the ISO 14001 standard by coordinating: gap analyses, compliance reviews, documentation and corrective actions updates.
- Coordinate the logistics for the preparation and the monitoring of the Corporate Environmental Action Plan (CEAP) and prepare performance reports;
- Coordinate and conduct on site environmental performance reviews and produce compliance report.
- Coordinate annual review for ISO 14001 certification and assist external auditors during site visits
- Plan Environmental Action Committee meetings and prepare minutes.
- The EMS coordinator will also assume the role of “Specialist on duty” to respond to environmental incidents: 7/7; 24/24 on a weekly rotational basis.
Essential skills / competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- University degree in a field relevant to the position together with graduate-level education in a related field or a master’s degree in environmental science.
- Practical knowledge of Canada’s environmental legal framework (federal, provincial and municipal), including solid knowledge of the ISO 14001:2015.
- Experience in coordinating environmental management system.
- Spoken and written fluency in English and French, essential
- Well organized and thorough in performing tasks
- Autonomous and comfortable with tight deadlines
- Team spirit and collaboration skills
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Strong understanding of Bell’s environmental and social issues
Annual salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
BCE: WKP #Feature *LI-VB
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 2016-05-29
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada , QC , Montreal
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-19