OverviewBeam Global Canada Inc Brand Manager, 13 Month Contract Contract in Toronto, ON
Beam Global Canada Inc
Branch Toronto ON CA
Brand Manager, 13 Month Contract
Manage the brand (s) investment budgets (including trade) working closely with the brand owners Canadian Country Manager on pricing and profitability solutions….
As the world’s third largest premium spirits company, Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Consumers from all corners of the globe call for the company’s brands, including the flagship Jim Beam bourbon and Yamazaki Japanese whisky, as well as world renown premium brands including Maker’s Mark and Knob Creek bourbons, Hakushu and Hibiki Japanese whiskies, Teacher’s, Laphroaig, and Bowmore Scotch whiskies, Canadian Club whisky, Courvoisier cognac, Sauza tequila, Pinnacle vodka, and Midori liqueur. The company generates annual worldwide sales of approximately $4.6 billion excluding excise taxes.
Beam Suntory was created in 2014 by combining the world leader in bourbon and the pioneer in Japanese whisky to form a new company with a deep heritage, passion for quality, innovative spirit and entrepreneurial culture. Headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois, Beam Suntory is a subsidiary of Suntory Holdings Limited of Japan. For more information on Beam Suntory, its brands, and its commitment to social responsibility, please visit www.beamsuntory.com and www.drinksmart.com.
Come inside; join us for an opportunity to stir the world.
Position: Brand Manager, 13 Month Contract
Location: Toronto, ON
Reporting to: Marketing Director, dotted line to third party Marketing Director (USA)
Reports: 1 dotted line report
As the brand champion, the successful candidate will oversee the management of the brand(s), promoting growth and expansion as well as managing the day-to-day processes for Beam Suntory Canada’s third party scotch and rum brands. Main responsibilities include; strategic brand planning, implementation of the brand plans, conducting analysis and recommendations, new product launches, competitive pricing strategies, and developing national as well as regional marketing promotions and campaigns. As the primary representative between the brand owner and Beam Suntory, the brand manager is responsible for maintaining strong communication ties between the brand owner’s country manager, brand owner’s US and global marketing teams and the Beam Suntory Canada commercial team
- Input and participation with brand owner global and US marketing teams on brand strategy, creative and growth driver development for Canada
- Where appropriate, work with Canadian creative agency to develop or adapt new creative advertising and promotions for the brand (s)
- Develop brand plans incl. key consumer & commercial opportunities. Turn the brand plans into national activation plans that include impactful and integrated media, digital and social media, PR, consumer promotion and on/off premise activation that drives financial & consumer objectives
- Work closely with the brand owner’s Canadian Country Manager as well as Beam Suntory commercial and field marketing teams to ensure flawless activation at the local level
- Manage the brand (s) investment budgets (including trade) working closely with the brand owners Canadian Country Manager on pricing and profitability solutions
- Deliver against overall brand health metrics, and brand value through development of strategic marketing plans
- Monitor competitive activity with the objective of positioning the brand (s) effectively against competitive actions
- Work collaboratively with the Country Manager and Beam Suntory commercial team, on finalizing field marketing activity as well as liquor board and customer brand communication
- Work with Brand owner’s global and U.S. innovation teams to develop innovation plans that address the needs of the Canadian consumer taking innovation plan through to product launch.
- Lead monthly scorecard and brand reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, business background asset
- 3 -5 years marketing experience in brand management, experience in beverage alcohol or CPG environment preferred
- Strong commercial skills, analytical skills and financial acumen
- Strategic thinking
- Strong communication & leadership skills
- Experience managing agencies
- Travel – Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Track Record – Candidate must demonstrate a proven track record of delivering results in adaptable and fast paced work environment
We thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17