B/E Aerospace Quality Inspector – Temp Temporary in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Quality Inspector – Temp
Secondary school training in design data interpretation and project management would be an asset. Working knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principles an asset….
Reporting to the Quality and Assurance Manager, the Quality Inspector is responsible for the receiving, in-process, final and first article inspection of all materials and products used in the manufacturing, maintenance and distribution of aeronautical products. This includes all vendor and subcontractor supplied products and those products that are manufactured and maintained by the comapny. Ensure the quality standards of the customer and company are not compromised and the customer’s quality requirements are met to their highest standards.
- Being conversant with those areas of the Quality Manuals that directly affect maintenance and manufacturing production and product distribution.
- Conducting the hands-on conformity inspection of materials, parts and assemblies to assigned job sheets and purchase orders using the following inspection criteria:
- Visual inspections, with or without the use of magnification or those inspections that are accomplished using mylar flat patterns or other inspections accomplished using a visual comparison as applicable.
- Dimensional inspections using hand measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, depth gauges and coordinate measuring machines as applicable.
- Electrical continuity checks and inspections using ohmmeters or other suitable electrical test equipment as applicable.
- Ensuring that all documentation associated with the in-process, final or first article inspection of in house or subcontract production (Job Sheets, NCR’s, DCN’s, RFE’s, etc.) is current and completed as necessary to ensure that company quality standards are maintained. Knowledge of MIL specs., SAE specs. and ASTM specs. is an asset.
- Conducting receiving inspections and ensuring that all associated certification, test reports, traceability and packing slip documentation is accurate and complete.
- Ensuring that lot number logs are maintained and that all products accepted for stock are identified with the correct lot number and clearly identified with their respective part number, quantity, mfg. code, PDA identifiers and inspectors stamp as required.
- Maintain the measuring and test tool calibration records and ensuring that all employee and company owned tools are calibrated as necessary.
- Providing clear, concise and timely lines of communication and instruction with the Operations Manager, Quality Manager, shop supervisors / personnel regarding nonconformity issues that may affect the flow of materials through inspection and the management of materials released under a preliminary release authorization.
- Collaborate closely with the production supervisor and the production planners regarding the requirement for first article inspections, job sheet sequencing of in-progress inspections including pre-closure inspections and the prioritization of production projects through the inspection area.
- Participate in morning production meetings and provide other meeting participants with current information regarding job scheduling.
- Support implementation of Continuous Improvement (Lean) projects
- Other duties as directed by the Manager, Quality and Assurance
- Knowledge in hand measuring equipment (for example calipers, micrometers, and depth gauges).
- Minimum of 1 year experience in an inspection role.
- Secondary school training in a relevant trade such as sheet metal technician or machinist.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings including GD&T Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes, specifications, materials and production controls as they relate to aeronautical products.
- Hands on experience as a technician in a relevant trade such as, sheet metal technician or machinist is an asset.
- Working knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principles an asset.
- Knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations and AS 9100.
- Secondary school training in design data interpretation and project management would be an asset.
- Exceptional PC, software and data management knowledge.
- Good ability to apply sound reasoning and judgement.
- Commitment to following the Quality Management System.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.