OverviewBDO Technical Support Analyst – Winnipeg Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Technical Support Analyst – Winnipeg
Information technology is more than just fixing computers, it’s about understanding business needs and designing IT solutions to meet them….
About Us: Information technology is more than just fixing computers, it’s about understanding business needs and designing IT solutions to meet them. At BDO, we pride ourselves on offering a well-rounded working experience that embraces innovative thinking, collaboration, and support for learning and advancement. We understand that exceptional client service begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people.
Job Description (EN): Position Summary
BDO Canada has an immediate opening for a IT-Technical Support Analyst, Level 1 to join our Winnipeg office location.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Client Support, a role of the Technical Support Analyst works as part of the IT ASSISST team in providing a range of technical/network administration and IT support services to and users across Canada. This individual will provide users with exceptional customer service provide timely and consistent support and administer the Firm’s internal systems. Access to a vehicle is a must as this role requires travel between our offices.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Utilize effective communication and listening skills with the Clients and the Colleagues in the IT Department to troubleshoot the technology issues
- Log, monitor and report all incidents and support related tasks that come in through the service management ticketing solution and/or the phone
- Provide direct and remote desktop support to users(in-person, by phone, e-mails, and/or voice-mail) to assist with daily software/hardware support requirements and follow up to ensure client satisfaction.
- Set-up and support IT equipment and services for meetings, training sessions, video conferences, and WebEx etc
- Manage and maintain all supported computer inventory of hardware and phone systems in our Asset Management Database
- Train, orient and respond to questions from new staff on proper use of their computers and introduce new software applications being deployed
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Certifications such as A+, MSTST, MSCE & IIIT considered asset
- College Diploma or University Degree in a Computer Science or in a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in the similar end user services support role
- Experience in tax and accounting software support would also be the asset
- Strong working knowledge in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Acess, and Outlook)
- Experience with service management ticketing systems considered the asset
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21