Employment Type: Internship
Posted on: 2018-04-10
BDO Summer Intern, Office Administration Internship in Waterloo, ON
Branch Waterloo ON CA
Summer Intern, Office Administration
Regular lifting of filing boxes (up to 20 lbs) will be expected. Successful candidate must have access to a vehicle as needed to access files at an off-site…
Jumpstart your Career with BDO!
At BDO, we are one of the leading accounting and advisory firms in the country. We focus on choosing the right people for the right projects, whether working with our clients or with colleagues. When you apply for a position at BDO, you are given the opportunity to work in a professional environment and given the opportunity to expand your knowledge of how one of Canada’s largest accounting and advisory firms operate.
Duration: June 2018 – August 2018
Interested in becoming a part of our Administration Team?
Want to be part of a dynamic team working side by side with our partners, accountants and administrative professionals? BDO Canada LLP is currently recruiting a Summer Intern to assist our team with a large administrative project. As the successful candidate, you be working alongside other interns to convert our current hard copy files to an online platform. As an Intern on our Administration team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Scan hard copy files of past client records, company invoices and prior documentation to our online platform
- Assist in the layout and design of the online platform to increase efficiencies in other staff and partners retrieving these files for future reference
- Solve problems relating to situations such as: files that were stored incorrectly, documents that won’t fit a traditional scanner and past clients where current documentation isn’t available
- Properly input electronic file to platform while paying close attention to where the file gets stored, naming of the file, etc.
- Data entry related duties while paying close attention to detail
- Support accountants and other administrative staff by carrying and retrieving files
- Develop and maintain productive working internal and external relationships
Education And Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Students with an interest in office administration or pursuing a career in a business related capacity
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Proven ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Regular lifting of filing boxes (up to 20 lbs) will be expected
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and technology is considered an asset
- Prior customer service or administrative experience is also considered to be an asset
- Successful candidate must have access to a vehicle as needed to access files at an off-site storage unit
How to Apply:
We require all students to apply online (https://www.bdo.ca/en-ca/careers/students/). The application will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
Please upload your application package (cover letter, resume and transcript) as one PDF file.