OverviewBDO Solution Architect – ERP, 12 months with possible extension Temporary in Greater Toronto Area, ON
Branch Greater Toronto Area ON CA
Solution Architect – ERP, 12 months with possible extension
Greater Toronto Area, ON
Experience in Enterprise-Wide roll-out of Workday ERP (preferred), and/or other leading ERP products such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards and SAP….
About Us: Information technology is more than just fixing computers, it’s about understanding business needs and designing IT solutions to meet them. At BDO, we pride ourselves on offering a well-rounded working experience that embraces innovative thinking, collaboration, and support for learning and advancement. We understand that exceptional client service begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people.
Job Description (EN):
- Reporting to the ERP Project Manager, the Solution Architect is responsible for architecting a solution that meets the functional and business requirements identified
- The Solution Architect will provide expertise in the solution development and integration of specific ERP products/applications with that of BDO’s environment
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Defines how the solution will work across all Architecture domains – Data, Infrastructure, Application, Security and Recovery
- Ensures the solution meets the functional and business requirements as documented
- Creates all Architectural artifacts
- Provides oversight of the implementation and development phases
- May provide development of shared components
- Ensure solution meets corporate Architectural guidelines
- Participates in Architectural review of the solution
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Practical experience with SOA implementation and architecture best practices.
- Experience with Architecture Frameworks (TOGAF) and asset.
- Experience with BPMN and UML standards (Archimate language experience an asset)
- Experience using Architecture tools to document artifacts (Sparx, Visio)
- Experience with Enterprise Service Bus (Tibco) or other middle-ware technologies.
- Experience in Enterprise-Wide roll-out of Workday ERP (preferred), and/or other leading ERP products such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards and SAP.
- Expert knowledge of tools and technologies used for Enterprise Security
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience working in technology or business process areas with ERP applications, in complex environments with multiple application implementation experience.
- More than 10 years’ experience, with at least 5 years in a consulting environment and 5 years managing multiple complex projects
- Demonstrated experience in interacting with senior leadership, both technical / non-technical backgrounds. Leadership and negotiation skills to guide and coordinate with other developers and or senior business stakeholders.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-08