OverviewBCLC Manager, Loyalty Product Development Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Manager, Loyalty Product Development
It’s about entertainment. The objective of the role is to enhance the program and its design working in collaboration with BCLCs Casino and Chances Service…
At BCLC, we play fair. We believe that playing fairly is a serious responsibility and an empowering opportunity. Our commitment to social, economic and environmental responsibility is central to all we do and captured in our slogan “Playing it Right”. From our LEED Metro Vancouver office, to our responsible gambling program, GameSense, we are committed to ensuring that we always consider the impact of our business on the people and communities of BC. At BCLC, we play for BC. We employ—directly and indirectly—almost 26,000 people in gambling operations, related government agencies and charities as well as support services.
At BCLC, we make it fun to be an adult. For close to 30 years, we’ve entertained customers with a chance to dream and have fun, while delivering revenue to the Government of BC for the benefit of British Columbians. During this time, we’ve evolved from a lottery corporation to a full-spectrum gambling entertainment company responsible for conducting, managing and operating lottery, casino, community gaming (bingo) and eGaming in BC. We strive to create outstanding gambling experiences and to have our games evolve with the player’s idea of excitement. For us, playing is not all about winning; it’s about entertainment.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Product Management the role manages the loyalty product portfolio to optimize performance of the player rewards programs to support BCLCs revenue, player centricity and public support goals. This role will proactively build strong influential relationships with both internal and external stakeholders (more particularly Casino and Chances Service Providers), including but not limited to Legal, Information Technology and Agencies. This role also creates a sightline to enable omni-channel marketing that would extend the program to other business channels of BCLC.
The objective of the role is to enhance the program and its design working in collaboration with BCLCs Casino and Chances Service Providers to attract more active participants and long term member relationships, enabling loyalty, drive carded utilization and help build up Casinos as a source for all-encompassing entertainment for adults in the province.
- Provides significant input into the design, operation and management of the Encore Rewards value proposition (inclusive of new channels, products and partnerships). This includes overseeing the integrity of the program implementation in the field and ensuring we are meeting our commitments to our members and our operators.
- Oversees and provides strategic direction for the effective design, development and execution of all Loyalty program enhancements and marketing programs and ensures timelines and budgets are adhered to.
- Evaluates existing marketing requirements in the area of loyalty development, identifies gaps and develops resource strategies such as marketing budgets and human resources to effectively deliver on business objectives.
- Develops program strategies and provides regular recommendations to the Director, Marketing & Product Management regarding opportunities to improve portfolio effectiveness, results (Return on Investment or ROI) or generate incremental revenues from the Encore Rewards program based on ongoing monitoring and evaluation of overall program performance/effectiveness.
- Develops and manages loyalty enabling initiatives that support the ease of use and participation in Encore Rewards.
- Collaborates with the other Casino & CGC marketing teams to jointly produce integrated and aligned player experiences and programs through Encore Rewards in support of department goals and revenue objectives.
- Is the subject matter expert in loyalty rewards program communication. Member program and brand maintenance – ensuring effective and consistent communication of Encore program benefits across all marketing communications implemented by marketing teams.
- Provides formal leadership to Loyalty team by providing significant input into their development, identifying competency gaps, recommending and supporting training requirements and undertaking regular performance management.
- Collaborates and fosters strong, productive and positive relationships with internal stakeholders within BCLC, Service Provider senior management as well as other external stakeholders including public/players, vendors/suppliers, and regulatory bodies to achieve business objectives.
- Responds to information requests and concerns of other departments, interprets and develops policy and procedures, and assists in the development of solutions to common and complex business challenges.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- A degree or diploma in a marketing or business discipline, preferably in communications, loyalty marketing or loyalty product development;
- Project Management courses or certification would be an asset;
- 5 to 7 years in a business or consumer marketing/product development environment, which includes a minimum of two years in a leadership capacity;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Solid/demonstrated knowledge of principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools in the areas of loyalty marketing/ retail marketing, loyalty proposition development;
- Demonstrated developing, executing and evaluating customer promotions and loyalty/retail promotions/programs in a multi-stakeholder environment (email, direct, web and mobile) producing positive ROI;
- Experience in strategic evaluation of management reports and presentations of loyalty programs;
- Strong business acumen and collaboration skills with results-oriented focus;
- Demonstrated experience in strategic business planning and resource management in a leadership capacity;
- Ability to forecast program costs/revenues with both short-term and long-term focus;
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics;
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Excellent ability to problem solve, analyze business situations and develop innovative solutions;
- Highly motivated; assumes personal ownership and accountability;
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship building, written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer skills – MS office suite and marketing analytics/intelligence tools;
- Knowledge of BCLC’s marketing analytics/intelligence tools would be an asset.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24