OverviewBCLC Information Privacy and Security Analyst (Temporary, Full-Time, 6 Months) Full Time in Kamloops, BC
Branch Kamloops BC CA
Information Privacy and Security Analyst (Temporary, Full-Time, 6 Months)
General business acumen; Performs operational duties such as detailed analysis of incident, vulnerability and logs….
- Develops and implements system security procedures based on industry best practices and commensurate with the sensitivity and security requirements of BCLC systems.
- Performs information privacy and security assessments and recommends remediation plans for information privacy and security issues identified in the organization.
- Ensures that BCLC’s information assets are adequately protected against unauthorized/accidental alteration, loss, disclosure or destruction.
- Provides day-to-day monitoring of the integrity of systems and infrastructure components.
- Performs operational duties such as detailed analysis of incident, vulnerability and logs.
- Tests and analyzes malicious code, vulnerable software, security tools and patches.
- Analyzes and identifies information security trends.
- Provides maintenance and ongoing operation of security architecture for BCLC systems.
- Provides information on system configurations, accounts and information security practices to auditors and regulators as directed by the information security management team.
- Promotes the services offered by the Information Privacy and Security team throughout the organization.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- A degree or diploma in IT or equivalent in a related discipline;
- CISSP or CISM certification preferred;
- CIPP/IT or CIPT certification is desirable;
- 3-5 years progressive experience in computing and information security;
- Experience assessing and remediating security issues (experience should include network penetration testing, application vulnerability assessment, risk analysis and compliance testing) is required;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write reports and document procedures;
- Understanding of information security risk management, controls and compliance;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize items;
- Strong technical skills (Application and OS hardening, vulnerability assessments, security audits, networking, IDS, firewalls, etc.);
- Experience with security tools, such as SIEM, file integrity monitoring and database monitoring;
- An understanding of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
- Excellent innovation in problem solving and analytical thinking;
- General business acumen;
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive matters with a high degree of tact and diplomacy;
- Excellent ability to manage relationships at all levels with customers, leaders, contractors and team members to effect change.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: The incumbent for this role will work out of our Kamloops office.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-30