Employment Type: Part Time
Posted on: 2015-09-23
BCD Travel Corporate Corporate Travel Consultant (Part-Time) Part Time in Toronto, ON
BCD Travel Corporate
Branch Toronto ON CA
Corporate Travel Consultant (Part-Time)
Graduate of an accredited travel school desired if no experience. 2+ years of corporate travel consultant experience desired….
Fulfills Corporate Travel Customers’ travel related requests in airline ticketing arrangements, hotel accommodations and car rentals to result in maximized profitability for the client and BCD Travel. Provides customer service through the communication of travel related information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Books reservations for air travel, hotel and car rentals, following up when necessary to complete the reservation.
- Responds to requests for price quotations utilizing automated system(s) for domestic and international itineraries.
- Promotes the acceptance of fares, rates, and suppliers that match the client’s travel program policies and negotiated contracts. Applies discount programs appropriately.
- Moves market share for BCD Travel preferred suppliers.
- Maintains and promotes professional and courteous client relations by managing a prompt and accurate response to telephone and email communications.
- Remains informed of all airline rules and regulations and current affairs. Communicates information to clients accurately and appropriately.
- Achieves individual and contractual service level goals related to telephone, quality, and productivity.
- Maintains client profiles, ensuring specials requests and reward program information such as frequent flyer / driver / hotel stay are included; May build airline reservation system profiles for use with a specific group of travelers.
- Monitors, sorts and works global distribution systems (GDS) queues daily to maintain quality control. – Ensures optimum customer service through effective use of phone systems and positive telephone service techniques.
- Knows and properly uses airline terminology, codes, fare basis, airline rules and tariffs, resource guides, books, and industry contacts.
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Must be able to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.
- 2+ years of corporate travel consultant experience desired.
- Proficiency on Sabre GDS system.
- Knowledge of ticketing procedures for airline, hotel and car rental systems.
- Demonstrated internet research skills for customer information.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when needed or scheduled.
- Graduate of an accredited travel school desired if no experience
Transferable Skills (Functional Competencies)
- Professional telephone skills.
- Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Capability of maintaining a favorable company image when interfacing with outside sources.
- Ability to maintain work volume and quality consistent with peers.
- Proven pursuit of learning and self-development.
- Ability to manage responsibilities in a manner to result in lower costs and better efficiencies for the company.
- Ability to demonstrate personal and organizational integrity.
- Competency to maintain positive client and co-worker relationships
- Establishing, developing, and maintaining trust and loyalty over time and through changes.
- Capability of working in a team environment supporting management and staff, following policies, providing feedback, assisting in special projects, and taking on additional responsibility.
- Effective oral and written communications.
- Organizational skills that result in high productivity.