OverviewBCAA Intern-Sponsorship & Events Temporary in British Columbia
Branch BC CA
Intern-Sponsorship & Events
Registration, booking venues, managing vendors, audio/visual requirements, food and beverage requirements, etc.)….
BCAA is looking for talented marketers to join the 2016 BCAMA Marketer of Year team!
BCAA is seeking temporary full- time a student (for a term of 4 months) passionate and driven to kick start their career in the Events industry. BCAA’s Sponsorship & Events department is fast-paced and varied; managing annual Corporate Events, producing activations to support BCAA’s major Sponsorships and supporting in the flawless execution of Community based events and promotions.
Not shy about rolling up your sleeves or juggling multiple responsibilities, you’ll work to build new processes and create memorable and outstanding events. With a keen eye for detail and exceptional organizational skills, you will support the Events Team, part of BCAA’s Award Winning Marketing Department.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Collaborate with the Events Team in the development of creative activation and event concepts and strategies, and refining sponsorship and event programs, campaigns and procedures.
- As needed, be the project lead for events that support the Marketing Department by organizing and implementing event plans and details and taking ownership of the logistics and management for assigned tasks (e.g. registration, booking venues, managing vendors, audio/visual requirements, food and beverage requirements, etc.).
- Support On-Site activations including the Vancouver Whitecaps FC, the Fair at the PNE as well as any new potential Sponsorship activations that may arise.
- Support in creating and maintaining detailed run-of-play documents, timelines and schedules and ensure timely delivery of events.
- Assist stakeholders to coordinate the packing and preparation of prize bins, event supplies and loading the event vehicles prior to and following key events.
- Coordinate with the Brand Team on any printing and creative deliverables such as event signage, graphics, branded items, etc.
- Schedule and conduct site visits and vendor meetings as required while performing on-going research, analysis and compilation of venues, vendors, event locations and activities.
- Prepare progress and summary reports on event results and performance and make recommendations for necessary changes.
- Performs other duties as required in keeping with the purpose and accountability of the job.
Event Team Support
- Support the Marketing team by creating and implementing a process for ordering swag and prizing including purchasing with appropriate lead times and combining orders to get better economies of scale.
- Support in the creation of training decks and event sheets for BCAA Events building a valuable resource that is up to date and shareable for new hires on BCAA’s Brand Ambassador Team.
- Create and build a database of venues and suppliers to be used for BCAA Corporate Events. Include an RFP process for large scale events.
- Research and help to implement upgraded technology to support the Events Team. Areas for growth include Event Requests Forms (electronic), registration software (company-wide), interactive app software for conferences, and project management software to improve the team’s processes.
- General administrative duties as required including budget tracking, invoice processing, scheduling meetings, event calendar management, creating event packages and materials, and document creation.
- Attend and participate in team meetings, as required.
- Enrollment in a post-secondary institution in the business administration, commerce or arts bachelor degree program with an emphasis on marketing
- Previous work experience in promotional marketing, events, and/ or hospitality environment is preferred
- Proven team player with a positive attitude and a strong desire and passion to succeed
- Proven ability to work well with others and accomplish team goals
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Savvy with MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Ability to travel to various promotional events in the Lower Mainland or throughout the province as required
- Must undergo a criminal background check
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- The ability to have a flexible schedule and work on weekends and holidays as required
- Valid BC Driver’s License with a clear driver’s abstract required for travel to and from events. Ability to drive a van to and from events is an asset.
- Experience and/or keen understanding of project based software to implement within a busy and varied team (Evernote, Asana, MS Project, etc.)
- Current knowledge and a passion for staying connected to event spaces or unique venues around Vancouver
- Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check.
Internal Posting Details
Date Posted: March 31st, 2017 ~ Close Date: April 7th, 2017
Employees interested in being considered for this position must complete the
online internal application form
for the posted position on or before the closing date. Please note that only applications from internal candidates with a recent
performance rating of “Successful”
or higher will be accepted, unless advised otherwise by the current manager and/or Manager, People Services.
Temp Full Time (TFT)
Company Name [Job Board Posting]
British Columbia [BC]
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: , BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-04-01