OverviewBC Public Service PS INT PRO – Finance Intern Internship in Victoria, BC
BC Public Service
Branch Victoria BC CA
PS INT PRO – Finance Intern
This opportunity is part of the BC Public Service Internship Program, which offers eligible candidates an orientation to government to encourage them to…
Public Service Internship – Revenue Division, Ministry of Finance (temporary 11 month term certain five (5) positions)
Salary: $1,692.52 bi-weekly
Term: May/June, 2017 February/March, 2018
Note: These positions are based in Victoria – four (4) positions will be based in a branch and one (1) positon will rotate between two (2) branches within the division.
No temporary relocation, travel or accommodation is applicable to this opportunity
This opportunity is part of the BC Public Service Internship Program, which offers eligible candidates an orientation to government to encourage them to consider a career in the public service.
The Public Service Internship Program provides recent graduates from post-secondary universities and colleges with direct work experience and an orientation to government. This encourages them to consider a career in the public service.
The internship program is intended to integrate recent post-secondary graduates with new ideas and competencies into the workforce.
For complete details on this exciting opportunity, please review the attached job profile.
NOTE : Please review the information in the job profile for the job qualifications and only contact if you have specific questions by email @ [email protected] . DO NOT APPLY TO THIS EMAIL. For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the “How to Apply” section below.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until April 18, 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the attached Job Profile.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile.
To be eligible to participate in this internship opportunity, the candidate must have:
- Recently completed a post-secondary degree from a recognized institution in Public Administration, Business Administration, Law, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Public Policy, Social Science, or equivalent. Recently completed is within the last 24-months.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have a master’s degree in one of the above.
- Experience in planning and coordinating projects and complex assignments, which can include thesis papers or case studies.
- Preference may be given to some related and relevant work experience, such as a successfully completed co‑op term, volunteer position, or those pursuing to obtain a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- A Criminal Records Check (CRC) will be required.
1. Resume required: YES , your resume (profile) should provide detailed information about your education and employment history in order to clearly demonstrate how you meet the required job qualifications. Please ensure your resume includes the month and year(s) for each job in your employment history and includes job-related responsibilities.
2. Cover letter – YES , is part of the application. As part of the application process, you will need to provide a cover letter ( Need to indicate in your cover letter the names of 2 references, which would be 2 work references or 1 work and 1 academic).
3. Online Questionnaire: – YES , as part of the application processes you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet each of the job qualifications. IMPORTANT: There is no save function available and you will not be able to leave and come back at a later time to complete the questionnaire so please allot approximately 20 to 30 minutes to respond to the online questionnaire. Further instructions are provided in the questionnaire and are also available on the Resources for Applicants page on MyHR.
Employment Type: Internship
Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-04-01