OverviewBC Public Service ISL 30R – Senior Project Manager Full Time in Victoria, BC
BC Public Service
Branch Victoria BC CA
ISL 30R – Senior Project Manager
The Program Management Office, the Change Management Office and the Enterprise Architecture Office report into the Enterprise Transformation Office….
For this opportunity, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY by submitting your profile/resume on the BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the directions stated below.
Senior Project Manager
Salary Range: $69,905.24 – $80,033.62 annually, plus a 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
As one of the largest pension benefit administrators in Canada, the BC Pension Corporation is a fast-paced and evolving organization with a challenging mandate. We provide comprehensive pension services as the administrative agent for the boards of major BC public sector pension plans. The Corporation is embarking on a transformational business plan that will change the way we serve our members and our employers. The strategic plan, From 12 to 21 , is an ambitious program of business transformation that supports high service levels and cost-effective delivery through better use of technology, improved business process and continued attention to staff training and development.
The Enterprise Transformation Office’s (ETO) role is to execute the strategy required to take us to the future state that we have defined in our 12-21 Strategic Plan . The ETO provides leadership in ensuring the programs and projects being undertaken are strategically aligned and will collectively achieve the intended outcomes from the 12-21 Strategic Plan . The Program Management Office, the Change Management Office and the Enterprise Architecture Office report into the Enterprise Transformation Office.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager for our Program Management Office. The Senior Project Manager manages large scale transformational systems projects in support of our 12/21 Strategic Plan . The projects are complex in nature, high profile and have a major impact on the business. Projects assigned are varied, requiring knowledge and experience in both project management and the Information Technology/Information Systems (IT/IS) field.
Our ideal candidate brings:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology plus 6 years of experience at a senior level leading major IT/IS projects of large scale and complexity that have multiple project delivery components; OR
- A diploma from a 2-year college in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology plus 8 years of experience at a senior level leading major IT/IS projects of large scale and complexity that have multiple project delivery components.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent project management certification.
- Knowledge and experience of ITIL process and software development methodologies such as Agile and SDLC.
- Experience managing relationships with senior level stakeholders and leading consultation sessions.
- Experience in managing medium-sized teams of technical (IT/IS) and business staff, including third party vendors.
- Sound verbal and written communication including the ability to deliver presentations to various audiences at all levels of an organization.
To learn more about the Senior Project Manager position, please review the following:
job description .
Please ensure that your resume clearly describes how your qualifications match the requirements for this position.
If you are unable to access the link, please contact us by email at [email protected] . Applications may be considered for other similar current and future vacancies, including permanent and/or temporary positions. An eligibility list may be established. Testing may be required.
Email your resume to [email protected] with a subject line:
Last Name, First Name, Resume – Competition PC15:46868
Disregard the “HOW TO APPLY” instructions below and do not click on “Submit Your Profile”.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-26