OverviewBC Public Service FO 14R – Financial Analyst Full Time in Victoria, BC
BC Public Service
Branch Victoria BC CA
FO 14R – Financial Analyst
Financial Analysts, sustain effective client relationships by working closely with financial and program staff to correct errors and ensure data integrity,…
Financial Officer 14
Salary: $44,112.83 to $50,053.10 annually
In this fast-paced, diverse unit, the Financial Analyst provides financial analyst services within a central Financial Services Branch (FSB) to the Natural Resource Sector (NRS), which includes: Ministry of Aboriginal Relations and Reconciliation, Ministry of Environment, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Energy and Mines, Ministry of Natural Gas -Responsible for Housing, and Ministry of Forests Lands and Natural Resource Operations. Perform periodic Trial Balance Reviews by monitoring and reconciling critical balance sheet stobs in conjunction with Sr. Financial Analysts, sustain effective client relationships by working closely with financial and program staff to correct errors and ensure data integrity, provide guidance on financial procedures and processes to ensure adherence to applicable legislation and policy, assist with Quarter-End and Fiscal Year-End analysis and reporting activities, participate in the development of written, technical documentation to describe new or improved financial processes.
If you have financial experience and are a skilled analytical thinker looking to advance your career, we encourage your application.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact [email protected] PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO THIS EMAIL.
An eligibility list may be established. A criminal record check is required.
1. Resume required: YES. Your resume should provide detailed information about your education and employment history as it relates to the required job qualifications. In order to be considered for this competition you must include the month and year(s) for each work employment history as well as the job related responsibilities.
2. Cover letter required: YES. In order to be considered, a cover letter is required as part of your application.
3. Online Questionnaire: YES. As part of the application process you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet each of the job qualifications. An online questionnaire will include questions to which you will be required to provide thorough written responses. There is no save function available and you will not be able to leave and come back at a later time to complete the questionnaire so please allot approximately 30 minutes to provide thorough text responses to the online questionnaire.
If you experience technical difficulties submitting your online profile, or for more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the How to Apply section below.
To be considered for this position your cover letter and resume must clearly demonstrate that you have the following education and experience:
- Secondary school graduation, plus formal financial management coursework, such as government-sponsored financial training, post-secondary institution accounting or business courses, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a large, corporate, multi-module financial system: in-depth understanding of modules’ inter-relationships and reporting options.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the practical application of general finance and administration policies and processes
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in financial reporting, analysis and financial systems and controls.
- Experience working in office environment (i.e. corporate office, financial institution, etc.)
- Preference may be given to the following:
- Experience with the modules of Corporate Accounting System (CAS) Oracle
- Two or more years in accounting and/or financial analysis.
- Experience with financial reporting in Discoverer, Web Forms Reports (WFR), etc.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies contained within the attached job profile.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-16