OverviewBC Public Service CLK 11R – Purchasing Buyer Full Time in Coquitlam, BC
BC Public Service
Branch Coquitlam BC CA
CLK 11R – Purchasing Buyer
For technical support or more information on how to create or update your profile, please refer to the How to Apply section below….
Salary: $40,557.12 – $45,940.91 annually
As a Branch of Logistics and Business Services Division under the Ministry of Citizens’ Services, the Product Distribution Centre (PDC) provides for the acquisition of inventory and distribution of health, medical, safety-related, uniforms and general goods for resale to ministries and public sector agencies. With a staff of 80 employees and operating out of an automated 50,000 square foot facility, the PDC provides product research, warehousing and distribution services to a province-wide customer base of over 9,000. The Product Distribution Centre operates on a full cost-recovery basis with sales that range between $30 to 35 million for each fiscal year. The Centre operates on a full cost-recovery basis within the $1,000 Vote and under Core Policy of Government.
Under the direction of the Manager, Supply Chain and Purchasing, the Purchasing Buyer performs purchasing duties associated with the acquisition of approximately $25 million worth of product annually. The position is a key element in meeting the critical needs of a demanding customer base for a very extensive range of items. Inventory on-hand must meet customer’s stringent specifications and requirements. The incumbent follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as they relate to medical devices and good manufacturing practices specifically for ensuring all medical devices are licensed by Health Canada and for the administration of product recalls. The Purchasing Buyer works with the Purchasing Officers to analyze the demand pattern of each product, set order levels accordingly, monitor usage activity and arrange re-supply of all commodities that fall within several categories. For more information on this opportunity, please see the attached position description.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact [email protected] . DO NOT APPLY TO THIS EMAIL.
For technical support or more information on how to create or update your profile, please refer to the How to Apply section below.
An eligibility list may be established. A criminal records check may be required.
Cover letter required: YES - A cover letter is required as part of your application.
Resume required: YES - Your resume must provide detailed information about your education and employment history in order to clearly demonstrate how you meet the required job qualifications. Please ensure your resume includes the month and year(s) for each job in your employment history as well as the job related responsibilities.
Questionnaire: YES - As part of the application process you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. You will not be able to go back at a later time to complete the questionnaire so please allot up to 60 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter.
In order for applicants to be considered for this position, their resume must clearly demonstrate that they have the following education and experience:
• Grade 12 graduation or equivalent.
• Completion of OPMT 1191 – Operations Management Purchasing course available at BCIT or completion of Principles of Buying or Introduction to Procurement sponsored by the Purchasing Management Association of Canada. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
• Three years’ experience working with SAP (or similar systems) including knowledge relevant to stock status, backorder, order entry, commodity descriptions, procurement options and re-order points.
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, etc.) at the intermediate level.
• Knowledge of contracts, contract management and contract theory including knowledge of legislation, regulations, current issues, trends and practices related to contracting in the public sector.
Preference may be given to those with experience in the following:
• Working in a retail or wholesale goods distribution organization in the purchasing department.
• Applying knowledge of contracts, contract management and contract theory including knowledge of legislation, regulations, current issues, trends and practices related to contracting in the public sector.
• Willingness to travel occasionally for varying lengths of time.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies outlined in the attached position description.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Coquitlam, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18