OverviewBC Public Service CLK 11R – Customer Service Representative Full Time in Victoria, BC
BC Public Service
Branch Victoria BC CA
CLK 11R – Customer Service Representative
Service BC is a core business area within the Ministry of Technology, Innovation and Citizens’ Services and the provincial government’s chief provider of…
Customer Service Representative
Salary $41,803.67 – $47,295.99 annually
An eligibility list may be established for future full and part time opportunities.
A multi-faceted role in a unique quality service environment.
If you’re looking for an exciting fulltime role in a dynamic, public service environment, this could be just the position you’re after. As a Customer Service Representative with Service BC in amazing Victoria, you will be the frontline contact in the delivery of a diverse range of clerical and administrative services.
Service BC is a core business area within the Ministry of Technology, Innovation and Citizens’ Services and the provincial government’s chief provider of frontline services to the public by phone, in-person and over the internet. Service BC’s government-wide mandate is to ensure citizens; businesses and the broader public sector have convenient access to high quality, seamless government services. The Service Delivery Branch is responsible for the management and operation of Service BC’s in-person points of service, including over 60 Service BC Centres and Community Access Terminal Sites.
The role of a Customer Service Representative (CSR) is to provide this service in a broad range of statutory and other programs by in-person counter service, telephone and correspondence contacts. The CSR is the frontline contact in the delivery of these services. The CSR is expected to be knowledgeable and customer service oriented, and to exhibit a high degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion. All contacts and service delivery assignments are expected to reflect the spirit of the mission and values statement of Service BC.
Service is provided in a service quality environment which strives to complete all aspects of an information request, application filing or financial transaction as a one visit occurrence or to make arrangements for completing the client’s requirements on a follow through basis by subsequent mail, telephone, or in-person attention from the staff of the responsible ministry. Services are provided for provincial government programs as well as making available a variety of services on behalf of other levels of government and other public sector agencies.
Other duties include clerical and administrative functions, including documentation batching, calculation of fees, recording of transactions, writing related correspondence and reports; and assisting with other administrative aspects of the office.
- Client: a ministry, agency or private organization, such as ICBC, that contracts for the service solutions offered by the Ministry of Technology, Innovation and Citizens’ Services.
For full description of accountabilities and qualifications, please review the attached position description.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact [email protected] DO NOT APPLY TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS . For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the “How to Apply” section at the very bottom of this page.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the position education and experience qualifications as outlined in the attached position description.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached position description.
A Criminal Records Check (CRC) will be required.
- Willingness to keep self-informed on current trends and issues through ongoing training, education and participation in branch projects.
- Willingness to perform repetitive tasks while standing at a counter or getting up and down from a chair frequently, for up to seven hours a day.
- Willingness to lift and carry boxes/mailbags weighing up to 20 pounds, for distances of up to 10 feet, and to manipulate them from heights which may require the use of a foot stool.
- Willingness to travel occasionally, for varying lengths of time
1. Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes. Please read the instructions on how to complete the Online Questionnaire below.
2. Online Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job qualifications. You need to allot 30-60 minutes to complete the questionnaire. The online questionnaire cannot be saved and you will need to complete the questionnaire and submit your application within 60 minutes or the questionnaire will time out and you will lose any information you have entered. Further instructions are provided in the questionnaire and are also available on the Resources for Applicants page on MyHR.
NOTE: Online Questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job qualifications noted in the Job Profile so please ensure you include all relevant information about your education and experience when responding to the questionnaire. Your resume may not be reviewed for shortlisting purposes.
- Special Instructions* Your response for EACH of the Job Qualifications must include: Place of Employment; Job Title; Location; Month/Year started; Month/Year ended; and if it was full or part time * (where applicable). Provide a complete description of your actual experience to demonstrate you meet the requirement for each Job Qualification as it relates to this position. Responses such as “refer to resume” or “refer to another question” will not be considered and will not be evaluated. If listing education, ensure the course duration is indicated in hours and relates to the qualification required.
IMPORTANT : The online questionnaire cannot be saved and will time out after 60 minutes. You will need to complete the questionnaire and submit your application within 60 minutes or you will lose any information you have entered. If you require more time to prepare your responses, copy the questions and prepare your responses outside of the system and paste them into the online questionnaire when you are ready to apply. Further instructions are provided in the questionnaire and are also available on the Apply for the Job page on MyHR.
3. Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Please select ” SKIP ” on the cover letter screen to continue with your application.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-04-01