OverviewBC Public Service CLK 09R – Finance Clerk Full Time in Prince George, BC
BC Public Service
Branch Prince George BC CA
CLK 09R – Finance Clerk
Prince George, BC
Reporting to the Supervisor, Accounts Services, the Finance Clerk-Accounts Payable provides expenditure management services to the Natural Resource Sector…
Finance Clerk (AP)
Salary: $38,373.45 to 43,417.29 annually
A multi-faceted financial administrative role in a dynamic environment
The Corporate Services for Natural Resources (CSNR) provides a wide-range of efficient value-added services and infrastructure solutions to the Natural Resource Sector. The Regional Client Services Branch supports its clients in achieving their vision and goals by allowing them to shift resources from administrative activities to delivering front-line core services to the public.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Accounts Services, the Finance Clerk-Accounts Payable provides expenditure management services to the Natural Resource Sector agencies located in the northern area, including processing of invoices, journal vouchers/ADI, purchasing card and Business Transaction Account (BTA) financial activities. The position provides guidance on accounts payable procedures and ensures compliance of submissions to government/Ministry financial policies and procedures and iProcurement guidelines. As a first line of contact with client offices, the clerk provides training; is the advice expert for queries on financial policies and procedures and is the contact for resolving financial issues within all modules of the financial system. The accounts payable clerk compiles, analyses, summarizes and presents financial information when requested by Northern area staff.
For complete details on this position, please review the attached position/job description.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact [email protected] PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO THIS EMAIL.
An eligibility list may be established. A criminal record check is required.
1. Resume required: YES. Your resume should provide detailed information about your education and employment history as it relates to the required job qualifications. In order to be considered for this competition you must include the month and year(s) for each work employment history as well as the job related responsibilities.
2. Cover letter required: NO. Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Please select “SKIP” on the cover letter screen to continue with your application.
If you experience technical difficulties submitting your online profile, or for more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the How to Apply section below.
To be considered for this position your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have the following:
- Secondary school or equivalent. Preference may be given to completion of a certificate or diploma in accounting/finance/business administration or other related discipline.
- Three years clerical/administrative support experience. An equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training may be considered.
- Two years bookkeeping/accounts payable experience.
- Proficiency in the use of a variety of computer applications (keyboarding, web applications, databases, spreadsheets, word processing, emailing)
- Preference may be given to one year experience in accounts payable using an automated accounting system (i.e. ACC/PAC, CAS/Oracle, etc.).
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies reflected in the attached position/job description.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Prince George, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-22