OverviewBC Public Service CLK 09R – Client Services Assistant/Records Clerk Full Time in Quesnel, BC
BC Public Service
Branch Quesnel BC CA
CLK 09R – Client Services Assistant/Records Clerk
As the Client Services Assistant/Records Clerk for the Quesnel FrontCounter BC Office, you will provide client services, records management services, office…
Client Services Assistant/Records Clerk – Clerk 09R
Annual Salary: $38,373.45 – $43,417.29
Bring your passion for customer service excellence to this multi-faceted role
The Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations works collaboratively with ministries involved in the management of natural resources to coordinate people and resources to provide exceptional service to the public. The Ministry assists clients through its FrontCounter BC service counters, which simplifies the process for citizens and natural resource businesses who are seeking information or authorizations to utilize crown natural resources.
As the Client Services Assistant/Records Clerk for the Quesnel FrontCounter BC Office, you will provide client services, records management services, office administration, financial and administration services for FrontCounter BC and Ministry operations. Vital to this role is your ability to excel at superior customer service, efficiently answering inquiries and directing calls or service requests to the appropriate recipients. You are a natural problem solver and quick thinker, with effective communication and interpersonal skills. If you thrive in a busy work environment, are a natural problem solver and quick thinker, able to multi-task between issues, programs and people, we look forward to your application.
For complete details about this opportunity, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact [email protected] . DO NOT SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND RÉSUMÉ TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. If you experience technical difficulties submitting your online profile, or for more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the “HOW TO APPLY” section below.
An eligibility list may be established. The duties of this position meet the requirements of a Criminal Record Check; this check must be completed with a satisfactory outcome.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer in British Columbia, including such accolades as being one of BC’s Top Employers for 2015 and being one of Canada’s Top Family Friendly Employers in 2015. Additionally, the BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits , including one of the best pension plans available, and unlimited opportunities for career learning and development.
Located at the confluence of the Fraser and Quesnel Rivers, Quesnel is a bustling small city with an area population of 23,000 people. Quesnel’s regional airport, rail connectivity, and location directly on British Columbia’s main north-south corridor, make larger markets accessible within a one day drive or one hour flight. With business-friendly government at the local, provincial and federal level, Quesnel is an ideal location to work, live and play.
Cover Letter Required: YES
A cover letter is required as part of your application and should outline your understanding of the position and how your education and related experience would contribute to the success of the position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Résumé Required: YES
Ensure your résumé provides detailed information about your education and employment history as it relates to the required job qualifications. Your résumé must include the month and year(s) for each job in your employment history, as well as the job related responsibilities.
For applicants to be considered for this position, their application must clearly demonstrate they have the following education and experience:
- Technical Diploma in a related field such as clerical/administrative support, natural resources, communications, and 2 years related experience, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience; OR, Secondary School graduation supplemented by related courses and 3 years’ experience.
- Experience in providing services to various levels of government, industry, public and private organizations and individuals.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and associated software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in written and oral communication with the public and with staff of other agencies;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good conflict negotiation skills with the ability to resolve contentious and highly sensitive situations and to independently identify and resolve issues.
- Ability to obtain and provide clear, concise and complete oral and written information using recognized standards of business English at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Preferred knowledge of the applicable Acts, Regulations, policies and procedures related to the delivery of client ministry programs.
Preference may be given to those with:
- Knowledge of records management practices and procedures including knowledge of filing and storage of electronic documents.
- Knowledge of Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA).
- Must possess a valid British Columbia Class 5 Driver’s License
- Must be willing to travel occasionally, for varying lengths of time.
- Ability to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 20 pounds, for distances of up to 10 feet, and to manipulate them from heights which may require the use of a foot stool.
- Ability to (or willingness to be trained to) operate a forklift.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the competencies, knowledge, skills and abilities identified in the attached job profile.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Quesnel, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-10-05