OverviewBC Public Service BAND 3 – Performance Auditor/Strategic Advisor Full Time in Victoria, BC
BC Public Service
Branch Victoria BC CA
BAND 3 – Performance Auditor/Strategic Advisor
YES – Your resume must provide detailed information about your education and employment history in order to clearly demonstrate how you meet the required job…
Performance Auditor/Strategic Advisor
Management Band 3
Salary: $72,000 – $100,000 annually
– Multiple positions available.
– These positions are excluded from union membership.
– An eligibility list may be established for future similar permanent or temporary opportunities.
Bring your assurance and/or consulting expertise and sound professional judgement to these critical leadership roles.
The Ministry of Finance’s Internal Audit and Advisory Services (IAAS) supports Treasury Board by providing independent and objective assurance and advisory services to support governance, accountability, performance management practices and effective financial management.
IAAS covers a wide range of internal audit and consulting services for ministries, agencies and Crown corporations, including:
– Advisory services to assist change by participating in initiatives and priorities, helping develop new programs and providing solutions to financial and business issues.
– Audits/reviews of programs and functions to help improve efficiency and ensure governance, management and control systems are operating effectively.
– Information technology reviews to address business, privacy and security risks and strengthen the government’s overall information management process.
Why Work for Internal Audit and Advisory Services?
Joining IAAS is an opportunity to work on significant projects across government and gain an understanding of the BC Public Service. You will participate in a variety of projects including comprehensive assessments of program performance and information systems. While building strong business relationships and networks throughout the BC public sector, you will be part of a high-performing team sharing your experience.
Auditors are responsible for conducting performance audits and providing advisory services, including assessing governance areas, corporate risks, third party arrangements and major business processes across the BC public sector.
As an Auditor within IAAS you will be conducting assignments and managing sensitive situations in an objective, professional and proficient manner. You will be able demonstrate and strengthen your work related skills and abilities including:
– Identifying and analyzing complex issues to reach sound judgements.
– Prioritizing multiple, concurrent, and complex tasks.
– Identifying key weaknesses and compensating controls in complex business environments; and documenting appropriate evidence to support your findings, conclusions and recommendations.
This is an outstanding career opportunity for professionals seeking a challenging leadership role that can truly make a difference.
For full description of accountabilities and qualifications, please review the attached job profile.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact [email protected] . DO NOT APPLY TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the “How to Apply” section at the very bottom of this page.
In addition to this exciting opportunity, the BC Public Service is an award winning employer in British Columbia, including such accolades as being one of BC’s Top Employers for 2016, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2016 and one of Canada’s Top Family-Friendly Employers in 2016. The BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits , including one of the best pension plans available, and a variety of opportunities for career learning and development. To find out more, explore What the BC Public Service offers You
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
Please see the attached job profile for the qualification requirements for the Auditor position. In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the Education and Experience requirements as outlined in the attached Job Profile.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile.
– A Criminal Records Check (CRC) will be required.
1. Resume required: YES – Your resume must provide detailed information about your education and employment history in order to clearly demonstrate how you meet the required job qualifications. Please ensure your resume includes the month and year(s) for each job in your employment history as well as the job related responsibilities .
2. Cover letter required: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. Clearly identify how you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
3. Questionnaire required: YES - As part of the application process you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. You will not be able to go back at a later time to complete the questionnaire so please allot up to 60 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter. IMPORTANT : The online questionnaire cannot be saved and will time out after 60 minutes. You will need to complete the questionnaire and submit your application within 60 minutes or you will lose any information you have entered. If you require more time to prepare your responses, copy the questions and prepare your responses outside of the system and paste them into the online questionnaire when you are ready to apply. Further instructions are provided in the questionnaire and are also available on the Apply for the Job page on MyHR.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24