OverviewBC Public Service BAND 2 – Strategic HR Advisor – Closing date extended Temporary in Victoria, BC
BC Public Service
Branch Victoria BC CA
BAND 2 – Strategic HR Advisor – Closing date extended
Strategic HR Advisor. The Strategic HR Advisor partners with senior management in the natural resource sector to build effective organizations and positive work…
Strategic HR Advisor
Management Band 2
BAND 2 – Salary $62,000 – $86,000 annually
There are 2 positions available.
This is a temporary opportunity until September 28, 2018.
A permanent appointment may result from this temporary appointment
Regular employees must have their supervisor’s approval prior to accepting a temporary opportunity.
This posting is not limited to the geographic area. Board and lodging and relocation expenses do not apply for temporary assignments.
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established.
The Strategic HR Advisor partners with senior management in the natural resource sector to build effective organizations and positive work environments and deliver on ministry and sector priorities. This position leverages client relationships and workforce data to identify and deliver HR solutions, specifically in the areas of workforce planning, employee engagement, and organizational development. Whether optimizing existing HR programs, or creating innovative new solutions, the aim of this position is to help our clients achieve their goals.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact [email protected] . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. If you experience technical difficulties submitting your online profile, or for more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the “HOW TO APPLY” section below.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field (e.g. human resources, public administration, or business administration); AND
- A minimum of 2 years related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Related experience should include :
- Providing human resources advice to senior managers and/or executives;
- Analyzing workforce and work environment issues and trends;
- Developing and implementing plans, programs, and initiatives, preferably in a human resources environment; and
- Managing projects and leading project teams.
- Experience preparing written and oral communication material (e.g. reports, presentations, etc.)
- Preference may be given to those with experience in facilitating and delivering presentations to groups.
- Certified HR Professional (CHRP) designation is an asset
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS :
Cover letter required: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume required: YES – Prior to submitting your application for this opportunity, update your resume profile by using the copy and paste function to add your resume. Your resume must provide detailed information about your education and experience including the job related responsibilities and the month(s) and year(s) for your education and for each job in your employment history .
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-05