OverviewBC Public Service APPL LEAD – Manager, Crown Land Revenue *CLOSING DATE EXTENDED Full Time in Victoria, BC
BC Public Service
Branch Victoria BC CA
APPL LEAD – Manager, Crown Land Revenue *CLOSING DATE EXTENDED
The Corporate Services for the Natural Resources Sector of the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resources Operations provides a full range of…
APPL LEAD – Manager, Crown Land Revenue *CLOSING DATE EXTENDED*
Salary: up to $79,045.62 annually *SALARY AMENDED*
A career-building opportunity for an experienced financial professional
The Corporate Services for the Natural Resources Sector of the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resources Operations provides a full range of comprehensive financial, information technology, human resources, administrative services and corporate performance planning. The Financial Service Branch provides effective and accessible financial and management services that support the natural resource sector in achieving its mandates.
As the Manager, Crown Land Revenue, you will be responsible for managing the Crown Land Special Account (CLSA) within the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations. In addition, you would also manage the Crown Land unit. The CLSA includes Crown Land revenue (land sales, tenures, and royalties), accounts receivables, expenses, and inventory.
The position is responsible for ensuring that Crown Land revenue is identified, collected, recorded accurately and reported; that financial controls are in place to prevent or detect error, fraud or omission; and that transactions are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), government policy and legislation. As the Manager, you will provide expert financial policy guidance to Executive, Senior Management, various Ministries, and Program staff regarding Crown Land transactions.
For full description of accountabilities and qualifications, please review the attached job profile. To learn more about this opportunity, please contact [email protected] – DO NOT APPLY TO THIS EMAIL.
A criminal record check is required. An eligibility list may be established. This position is excluded from union membership.
**Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted**
- Cover letter required: YES - A cover letter is required as part of your application. Clearly identify how you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
- Resume required: YES - your resume must provide detailed information about your education and employment history in order to clearly demonstrate how you meet the required job qualifications. Please ensure your resume includes the month and year(s) for each job in your employment history as well as the job related responsibilities.
- Questionnaire: YES - As part of the application process you will be prompted to fill out an enhanced questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. You will not be able to go back at a later time to complete the questionnaire so please allot up to 20 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter.
For technical problems submitting your application, please see the instructions below.
To be considered for this position, applicants must clearly indicate that they have the following education and experience:
- A degree or diploma in business administration, public administration or a related discipline, plus a minimum five years progressive related financial experience; including financial planning and reporting, revenue collection and accounts receivable management, and financial systems. An equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training may also be considered.
- A minimum of two years’ experience supervising a team of staff.
- Preference may be given to those applicants with a professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA).
- Preference may be given to those applicants with experience working with Executive level clients, both internal and external, and Central Agencies (eg. OCG and TB staff).
- Preference may be given to those applicants with experience developing policy and/or legislation.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies noted in the attached job profile.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24