OverviewBC Non-Profit Housing Association Writer and Editor Full Time in Lower Mainland, BC
BC Non-Profit Housing Association
Branch Lower Mainland BC CA
Writer and Editor
Lower Mainland, BC
Develops and implements a content strategy, production schedule and editorial calendar for all of the Association’s publications….
Overview of the Position:
BC Non-Profit Housing Association (BCNPHA) is the provincial umbrella organization that provides leadership and support through programs, services, educational opportunities and advocacy to more than 700 non-profit housing societies and other stakeholders.
Affordable housing is the number one issue in British Columbia and we are looking for a dynamic and creative Writer and Editor who will be a passionate storyteller for the affordable housing sector; with a good sense of what makes an interesting angle to a story, and to juggle all the moving parts of publications.
Within the Communications Department, this position will play the lead role in producing a variety of exceptional, informative and engaging content for print and online materials for BC Non-Profit Housing Association, as well as other partners in the affordable housing sector.
Director of Communications, BC Non-Profit Housing Association
- Produces a variety of engaging, purpose-driven content (from concept formation to writing and editing) for print and digital materials, including web, newsletters, brochures, editorials, speeches, magazine articles, blogs, brochures, emails and annual reports
- Develops and implements a content strategy, production schedule and editorial calendar for all of the Association’s publications
- Provides writing support for a variety of media, including news releases, media advisories, backgrounders and pitch notes
- Assists in developing shareable content for social media, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Liaises with vendors, including printers, designers, photographers to develop and manage the production of materials
- Writes, edits and updates web content to ensure a unified brand and tone while targeting specific audiences
- Provides oversight, edits and proofreads all content for grammar, spelling, quality, consistency and accuracy
Education, Skills, and Experience required:
- Graduation from an accredited university with a bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, public relations, marketing, or a related field
- At least two years of relevant work experience, with demonstrated progression of varied writing assignments and editing responsibilities
- Adaptable writer with an ability to write across a variety of formats / contexts for various audiences
- Superior grammatical and editing skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Superior organizational and time management skills; and ability to set priorities and multi-task
- Experience working in the public or non-profit sector would be an asset
Compensation & Working Conditions:
- Salary: Starting at $44,000 / year
- A comprehensive extended health benefits package for you and your dependents
- Family friendly and flexible workhours
- A diverse team in a sociable, professionally rewarding work environment
Please apply with resume and cover letter to Dean Pogas, Director of Communications, BCNPHA with the subject line “Writer & Editor – LAST NAME”. Submission deadline is January 27 th , 2017. We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Lower Mainland, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-17