OverviewBC Housing Portfolio Assistant, Non-Profit Temporary in Burnaby, BC
Branch Burnaby BC CA
Portfolio Assistant, Non-Profit
High School graduation plus completion of a number of post-secondary courses in business or program administration….
The Portfolio Assistant (PA) provides operational and administrative support to Non-Profit Portfolio Managers (NPPMs) with respect to Financial Review and Budget preparation, the operational review process and Extreme Weather Response (EWR) program administration.
High School graduation plus completion of a number of post-secondary courses in business or program administration.
Minimum three years related program administration experience, with some experience in accounting.
OR an equivalent combination education, training and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Good knowledge of program administration processes and practices
- Strong knowledge of all funding programs and the Non-Profit Rent Calculation Policy
- General knowledge of established protocols within BC Housing’s systems and government filing system
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to organize, prioritize and process a large volume of work with a high degree of accuracy while meeting prescribed deadlines; demonstrated initiative and follow through skills
- Good research and problem solving skills
- Analytical with a mathematical aptitude, and a strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with a variety of audiences.
- 40 wpm minimum
- Excellent database and spreadsheet expertise and proficiency in Windows, Excel, Word, Housing Connections, JDE1, Central Property System (CPS), WebFocus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast paced deadline oriented environment.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
The benefits of joining a Top Employer!
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
All of our employees are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a host of great benefits. We’re also a social and inclusive team that supports our people through ongoing training and learning opportunities. We genuinely appreciate the amazing effort our people bring to each and every day and so we have Rewards and Recognition programs that celebrate great effort, long service, environmental awareness, good ideas and positive change.
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Have Questions? Please see below for some useful information.
Follow us on Twitter @ BCHjobs to find out about positions as they come available.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept resumes/cover letters by any other form than online at https://www.bchousing.org/careers . This helps to ensure privacy, as well as timeliness for applicants.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-29