OverviewBC Family Maintenance Enforcement Program Payment Services Clerk – Temp PT Temporary in Victoria, BC
BC Family Maintenance Enforcement Program
Branch Victoria BC CA
Payment Services Clerk – Temp PT
A minimum of two years of related experience in banking, accounting, bookkeeping or data entry. Ability to remain organized and demonstrate speed and initiative…
Themis Program Management, a British Columbia company established in 1988, operates the BC Family Maintenance Enforcement Program (FMEP). We are the leading service and technology provider to the Child Support Enforcement field in Canada. Themis proudly focuses on innovative solutions to problems encountered in the family justice sector – solutions that help people. We are currently accepting resumes for the part-time Payment Services Clerk position in our Victoria office.
This is a six-month temporary position with 22.5 hours per week.
Payment Services Clerk is responsible for processing payments through a variety of means including mail and online transfers as part of a Payment Services team. In addition to accurate data entry of payment batches and completing day-end reconciliation of all transactions, Payment Services Clerk also responds to internal inquiries and requests, payment notifications, and meet various processing requirements. Ability to remain organized and demonstrate speed and initiative in maintaining an efficient workflow will be key to success in this role.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Opening and sorting incoming mail and processing received payments by accurate data entry of payment batches.
- Completing day end reconciliation of all transactions.
- Identifying various types of problem and “mystery” payments and process each type accordingly.
- Preparing and processing bank deposits and issuing trust fund cheques as requested.
We are looking for candidates who will bring:
- A minimum of two years of related experience in banking, accounting, bookkeeping or data entry.
- Technology orientation and numerical aptitude, along with full keyboarding skills and demonstrated proficiency in touch adding.
- A passion for details and a tenacious approach to identifying inconsistencies and solving problems.
- Ability to balance large batches and identify balancing errors.
- The ability to work flexibly with others in a team environment and to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- A high school diploma supplemented by courses in office procedures or computer/software training.
What We Offer
By putting families first in our operation the BC Family Maintenance Enforcement Program, we have a family-friendly work environment that supports the personal and professional needs of all who work here. We provide on-the-job training to our new employees, and ongoing opportunities for growth, learning and development.
The starting salary for this temporary part-time position will be prorated based on salary of $33,370.00 per year for a full-time position.
Please apply online at https://themis.startdate.ca . We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24