Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2015-09-24
BBA Aviation Ramp Agent Full Time in Saskatoon, SK
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
Requires the operation of automotive and other ramp equipment in the performance of regular duties. Connect electrical power unit/gpu to aircraft….
The Ramp Agent performs basic ground equipment and aircraft service. Handle the loading, unloading, stowing, pick-up and delivery of baggage, freight and cargo. Requires the operation of automotive and other ramp equipment in the performance of regular duties. Maintains the ramp area, building and equipment in a clean, presentable condition.
- Responsible for loading and unloading baggage/cargo.
- Chock aircraft.
- Connect electrical power unit/gpu to aircraft.
- Position passenger stairs/Jetway to aircraft.
- Replenish water supply and service lavatories.
- Connect tow bar and tug for push back or towing aircraft.
- Provide airstart and air-conditioning.
- Operate headset/radio to provide communication between ground crew, flight crew, and tower.
- Driving a variety of light and heavy duty vehicles
- Clean line equipment and ramp areas.
- Check-in baggage when required.
- Know and comply with all safety procedures.
- Provide other services as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Lift and move up to 50 lbs of material and equipment
- Working in all kinds of weather
- Possess/maintain a valid driverâ€™s license and other Airport required identification/security passes or authorizations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedural manuals
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays