OverviewBaxter Talent Acquisition Specialist – 1 Year Contract Full Time in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Talent Acquisition Specialist – 1 Year Contract
Sourcing & Recruitment. HR Business Partner & Recruitment experience. As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will be responsible for full- cycle recruitment…
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will be responsible for full- cycle recruitment and our onboarding process for Baxter Canada. You will initiate and drive dynamic talent attraction strategies and initiatives, partner with HR Business Partners and Business Leaders to identify hiring needs, recommend recruitment strategies, and actively source talent to meet our business needs.
You will also support various talent acquisition and talent management initiatives as required.
Major Responsibilities / Activities:
Sourcing & Recruitment
· Source and identify qualified candidates for open salaried positions.
· Initiate proactive and just in time sourcing via the Internet, networking, and employee referral program to build the candidate pipeline.
· Partner with hiring managers to identify roles in interview and selection process, timelines and recruitment approach.
· Participate as an active member of the interview team
· Manage and process pre-employment background in compliance with policy.
· Prepare and negotiate job offers and relocation where applicable.
· Consult with business partners to understand the external market for talent; current hiring trends, metrics and issues; and talent implications resulting from shifts within the industry.
· Build solid partnerships with hiring managers, vendors (such as recruitment agencies) and across Human Resources to ensure efficient and effective staffing process.
General Support & Metrics
· Support various initiatives within talent acquisition and talent management:
o Support and coordination of training activities
o Develop and manage communication
· Participate in the measurement and communication process around effectiveness of staffing efforts via metrics and reporting.
Create new employee files and onboarding materials for new hires
· Manage onboarding schedules for new hires
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect. Q
College degree and/or Bachelor Degree
HR Certification or Designation
Major Subjects / Specialties
Type of Experience
HR Business Partner & Recruitment experience
Years of Experience
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills Required
Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
Proven ability to work with all levels in the organization.
Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
Tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive and confidential issues.
Knowledge and experience with staffing and sourcing technologies. IE. Peoplesoft/Taleo
Bilingual: English & French (Excellent Written and Verbal Skills)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-25