OverviewBaxter Microbiologist 9 month contract Temporary in Ontario
Branch ON CA
Microbiologist 9 month contract
Microbiological testing lab experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Conduct media growth promotion testing at the Alliston lab….
Baxter International Inc. provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; biosurgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s 50,000 employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The successful candidate will perform the collection and processing of microbiological air (viable/non-viable) and surface samples (viable) as part of the Environmental Monitoring program.
Provide support and microbiological guidance to ensure compliance with applicable Baxter Corporate Policies, SOPs and applicable regulatory requirements. Monitor compliance through ongoing reviews and implement continuous improvements.
- Obtain air, water (as needed) and surface samples from designated sample sites within the facility on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis as part of the Environmental-monitoring program.
- Conduct the required testing and incubation of these samples in accordance with specifications.
- Ensure required documentation is completed, and required samples are accounted for.
- Perform required testing and complete documentation required for critical work request, qualification/re-qualification, and protocols by prioritizing daily and weekly testing schedules to allow time for required tests.
- R ead and document results of appropriately incubated samples, addressing all microbial out of limits and positive test results, by completing trending analysis (OOL investigation), retest procedures, gram staining, process slants for external identification and if required, thermal death testing. Review and sign off completed paperwork prior to being routed for approval
- Track and trend environmental monitoring results and submit a monthly, quarterly and annual summary report
- E valuate cleanroom practices and aseptic technique and implement continuos improvement
- Continuously improve CIVA’s Environmental Monitoring program based on test results and risk assessment, Corporate Quality Policies and applicable regulatory standards
- Actively participate in the Environmental Monitoring Performance Qualification (EMPQ), Real Time Risk Assessment (RTRA)
- Conduct media growth promotion testing at the Alliston lab
- R ehydrate organisms and maintain stock cultures used for growth testing.
- Prepare and sterilize laboratory equipment to ensure its availability for use, dispose of biohazard materials appropriately, perform monthly and maintain inventory of supplies for the Environmental monitoring.
- Monitor incubator charts and thermometers daily and report any failures and/or issues.
- Maintain 6S within the CIVA facility and Alliston lab areas assigned
- Provide back-up coverage to the other CIVA Microbiologist, when needed
- Work on improvement projects, validations, and other Quality duties as assigned
• University Degree, B.Sc. designation
Major Subjects / Specialties
Type of Experience
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• Previous experience working in a Quality function
• Knowledge of Aseptic Technique and Microbiological Methods
• Microbiological testing lab experience in the pharmaceutical industry
• Proficiency in Word & Excel
• Experience in cleanroom environment
• Knowledge of GMP, ISO standards, and regulatory requirements
Years of Experience
• 2 years
• 2 + years
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills Required
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking abilities
• Strong communication skills, ability to work with all levels of the organization.
• Strong ability to balance multiple priorities with excellent time management skills.
• Detail oriented with the ability to work under pressure.
• Uncompromising dedication to quality.
• Strong technical writing skills
• Ability to work off shift, holidays and facility shut downs
• Must comply with Good Laboratory Practices
• Understanding of LEAN enterprise through the application of LEAN tools in a laboratory/cleanroom environment
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Ontario, CA, US
Posted on: 2015-08-18