OverviewBardel Entertainment Render Wrangler / Digital Production Assistant Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Render Wrangler / Digital Production Assistant
We are hiring for Digital Production Assistants (also known as Render Wranglers ) to support the production of animated film and TV shows by managing the…
We are hiring for Digital Production Assistants (also known as Render Wranglers ) to support the production of animated film and TV shows by managing the rendering and storage resources within the facility. In this entry-level but mission critical role, you will touch all aspects of the technical production pipeline. There will be broad interaction with production artists, technical directors and technology teams.
What you will be doing:
- Monitor, troubleshoot and optimize network rendering resources
- Monitor and report resource utilization such as disk space, node usage, job saturation, etc.
- Identify and diagnose failing renders and malfunctioning render machines
- Monitor the render queue to maximize resource efficiency and handle job priorities
- Maintain maximum renderfarm up-time and reduce unnecessary data consumption
- Respond to rendering related support requests
- Data/Project archival and retrieval
- Data I/O
What you bring to the table:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills – ability to analyze and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to a high pressure, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Knowledge with Maya, Nuke, mental ray, VRay a plus
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively, as required
- Experience in scripting is an asset, but not essential
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24