OverviewAxis Family Resources INTERNAL Temporary Full Time Residence Worker Temporary in Prince George, BC
Axis Family Resources
Branch Prince George BC CA
INTERNAL Temporary Full Time Residence Worker
Prince George, BC
Direct program delivery experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of community based programs and related…
Working 1:1 with a high risk youth. Assist with physical, social, emotional and daily life skills development which promotes independence at home and in the community. Implementing strategies for dealing with behavioral issues. Must be physically fit and able to deal with a client with extreme and difficult behaviors.
Qualifications Education/Training Experience Required:
Ø A diploma in human services or a related field and/or experience working with children with behavioral challenges are required for this position.Ø At least 6 months previous related work experience is required. Direct program delivery experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of community based programs and related provincial and community support is preferred.
- Current Level 1 First Aid (including CPR) Certification is required
- Approved Criminal record & RCMP check, updated every two years by agency
- Excellent writing, data collection, and facilitation skills are required
- Computer literacy (including internet) is required.
- Safe driving record abstract will be required.
Skills & Abilities:
1. Excellent verbal and written reporting skills.2. Demonstrated ability to teach and work effectively with others in a 1:1 setting.
3. Knowledge of theory, principles and practices working with mental challenges.
4. Excellent organization, time and house management skills.
5. Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
6. Ability to maintain professionalism at all times.
7. Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
8. Ability to accept constructive criticism of job performance.
9. Demonstrated ability to be solution focused and approach problems with flexibility and creativity.
A moderate level of physical fitness is required since direct delivery of program activities may involve standing, walking, exercising with person served, bending, lifting, etc. An openness and willingness to accept change and transition as part of one’s job is paramount. Union membership with CSWU.
Thursday, August 20, 2015 @ 4:30PM
E mail resume and cover letter to [email protected] or fax to (250) 851-2977.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Prince George, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-16