OverviewAvocette Technologies Junior Database Administrator (DBA) – Permanent Full Time Full Time in New Westminster, BC
Branch New Westminster BC CA
Junior Database Administrator (DBA) – Permanent Full Time
New Westminster, BC
The right individual for this position will enjoy a great work environment with a large support network to continually develop their skills….
Did you just finish your University Degree and want to gain hands on experience? Well Avocette Technologies is growing and has an amazing permanent opportunity for a Junior Database Administrator (DBA) to join our team in the New Westminster head office. The right individual for this position will enjoy a great work environment with a large support network to continually develop their skills.
We work with a wide range of clients including government and crown corporations, community services agencies, healthcare providers, and professional services organizations. Please note, Avocette Technologies will not cover any relocation costs.
Required Skills for Senior DBA
- Applicants will be required to have minimum of 1 year DBA experience and is expected to understand/implement:
- 1 year of experience supporting Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c and MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2014;
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices;
- Demonstrated expertise with different versions of Oracle and MS SQL on different platforms (Solaris, Linux and Windows);
- Experience with Database installation, configuration and patching;
- Knowledge in database performance and tuning in Oracle and MS SQL environments;
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and analyzing data within applications and databases;
- Working experience with Unix and Windows shell scripting;
- Experience working in operational and incident management/resolution;
- Providing on-call and off-hours support;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong customer service focus;
- Ability to create excellent written documentation.
Additional Desirable Skills
- OAS administration
- IIS administration
- Experience with OID and LDAP
- DB2, FoxPro, MS Access, IMS, MySQL
- .Net, Java and/or C programming
- Oracle and/or SQL Server replication
- OLTP and data warehouse development
- BSC/BA – Comp, SCI, EE, Math or equivalent technical studies
If you feel that you meet all of the above requirements, please apply to this posting directly in the strictest of confidence. Please note that, due to overwhelming response, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
About Avocette Technologies Inc.:
Since 1977, Avocette Technologies Inc., formerly TP Systems has earned our clients’ trust by helping them improve performance through innovative and cost-effective software, outsourcing, and IT staffing solutions. We work with a wide range of clients including government, community services agencies, healthcare providers, and professional services organizations. This experience, combined with our comprehensive capabilities enables Avocette to be responsive to diverse client needs. Large enough to get the job done right, yet small enough to be responsive, Avocette is valued by clients for our ability to consistently deliver outstanding results. Visit www.avocette.com for other exciting career opportunities.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: New Westminster, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-07-09