OverviewAvocette Technologies Business Systems Analyst – 7 Month Contract Temporary in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Business Systems Analyst – 7 Month Contract
Avocette, formerly TP Systems, is a leading provider of IT products and services to public sector clients across Canada and the US….
is currently searching for a Senior Business Systems Analyst for our client in the retail industry. This is a 7 month contract position with a possibility of multiple extensions working out of the Vancouver area.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Elicit, analyze and document detailed business requirements and obtain signoff on the business requirements definition documents;
- Assist with the development of user test cases and validate test results;
- Assist with the development of user documentation and training material;
- Develop and conduct presentations to stakeholders;
- Use our client’s existing methodology and templates;
- Identify areas for expansion / refinement according to industry best practices / experience;
- Act as the primary liaison between clients and the project team throughout the project life cycle (i.e. change management, facilitating problem resolution, acceptance testing, implementation);
- Ensure the accuracy, integrity and effectiveness of proposed solutions relative to business needs and identifies and defines potential interfaces impacts of solutions recommended on other departments;
- Identify and deliver new and changed business processes and procedures by working with business transformation architect(s), business system analysts, business analysts, change management team, and other stakeholders as necessary;
- Work closely with our client’s change management team and process owners to obtain buy-in/support from program/project team members and stakeholders for the new and changed structure and functions;
- Participate and/or facilitate in the effective knowledge transfer to our client’s operational management and staff;
- Participate and/or facilitate to ensure the new and changed business processes are implemented and functioning as designed;
- If required, develop business cases, cost benefit analysis, and project charters; and
- If and as necessary, using best practices, enhance, develop and/or establish business systems analysis processes and methodologies.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum five (5) years of demonstrated experience as a Senior Business Systems Analyst leading, managing and delivering new and changed business processes and procedures on projects of increasing complexity and size and at least one project with a significant component of organizational change management;
- Experience working at a senior management level;
- Experience conducting stakeholder meetings;
- Experience identifying key stakeholders and critical success factors for projects;
- Experience in gathering detailed business requirements from users, departments, internal information services staff, as well as external parties;
- Experience in documenting business processes and requirements, project scope, work breakdown structures, and development of business cases and project charters.
- Experience in developing cost-benefit/alternatives analysis, risk assessment, and recommendations;
- Experience in identifying and recommending time-frames, resources and budget requirements;
- Working knowledge of project management, quality assurance, change management disciplines and best practices;
- Mentoring and coaching skills;
- Knowledge transfer skills;
- Working experience on enterprise-wide projects;
- Superior communication, facilitation and leadership skills; and
- Knowledge and experience in a retail / wholesale subject area.
If you feel that you meet all of the above requirements, please apply to this posting directly in the strictest of confidence. Please note that, due to overwhelming response, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Avocette, formerly TP Systems, is a leading provider of IT products and services to public sector clients across Canada and the US. We specialize in providing Managed Services, Product Integration, Consulting and IT Staffing to our clients. By leveraging technical and business skills from employees across Canada and the US and developing key best-of-breed software partnerships, Avocette provides clients with superior solutions.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-19