Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-05-24
Avmax Careers – Canada Director of Operations Full Time in Calgary, AB
Avmax Careers – Canada
Branch Calgary AB CA
Director of Operations
Display excellent management skills, including the area of finance. Build a strong management team between all the operational managers….
The Director of Operations reports directly to the Vice-President of Global Operations. The Director of Operations oversees all aspects of the operational requirements of all company aircraft maintenance facilities.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Attention to detail
- Relationship Building
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify potential enhancements that will result in enhanced customer satisfaction, productivity, and employee satisfaction.
- Use leadership methods that are evidence-based, inclusive, and adaptive. The Director of Operations will infuse new ideas and best practices to sure contemporary standard practices and procedures are in place.
- Ensure an accountable, motivated management staff that promotes and lives the values of Avmax Aviation Services Inc. and ensure that its needs for training and development are met.
- Establish oneself as an approachable, self-confident leader who will be inclusive with and available to staff.
- Lead by being attentive and responsive to issues by establishing oneself as an involved, hands-on, problem-solving executive.
- Build a strong relationship with all members of the Executive Management Team.
- Establish their trust and confidence by keeping them informed and abreast of potential issues and solving problems.
- Establish a consistently high-level of visibility throughout Avmax Aviation Services Inc.
- Display excellent management skills, including the area of finance.
- Demonstrate ability to trend based on P & L.
- Understand and know each business unit and their current wellness and contribution to Avmax Aviation Services Inc.
- Provide guidance to assist underperforming business units.
- Network with other members of the aviation industry and attend industry events.
- Demonstrate ability to understand legal documents relevant to the operation of Avmax Aviation Services Inc.
- Demonstrate high level of business acumen, ability to create and follow predictive budgets, and trend Avmax Aviation Services Inc.’s business based on the information provided.
- Ensure project financial viability by working with Production Manager to ensure appropriate resources are being applied or allocated to projects. Monitor budgets at project level.
- Team Building: Build a strong management team between all the operational managers.
- Be the single point of contact for each of the senior managers. Ensure that all departments are communicating effectively and that concerns are addressed appropriately.
- Define and set goals and expectations for each of the senior managers and ensure goals are being executed.
- Coach the team members to drive towards best practice and to ensure that managers are using company values to move towards a common vision.
- Define expectation of continuous personal growth and learning.
- Ensure that the strongest and most capable individuals are put into positions and individuals not producing are appropriately coached for success and removed if required.
- Operationalize the company goals as described by the EMT.
- Build a culture of continual improvement. Assess current processes looking for areas to improve and work with department managers to build better process flow.
- Define company culture and ensure managers are working to strengthen and integrate culture into daily functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferable in related field: Communications; Business; Commerce.
- M.B.A. designation considered an asset.
- PRM current or previously held is considered an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses strong fundamental aircraft knowledge.
- Demonstrated capability and competency in field of expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor people.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in related role at a Manager level.
- Aviation experience is required.
Avmax Group Inc. is dedicated to, and prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome the diversity of all of our employees. Avmax Group Inc. has specific policies in place to prevent discrimination in our hiring practices on the basis of the protected grounds dictated by Canadian legislation. We therefore encourage applications from qualified Aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
In order to be in compliance with the law, employees must be legally eligible to work in Canada.