OverviewAviva Canada Summer Internship, IT and Digital Internship in Scarborough, ON
Branch Scarborough ON CA
Summer Internship, IT and Digital
You are investing time and money into your education, building the foundation for a rewarding career. JUMPSTART your career at Aviva!…
JUMPSTART your career at Aviva!
You are investing time and money into your education, building the foundation for a rewarding career. Have you considered insurance? More than 100,000 Canadians work in the insurance industry.
We make a positive difference every day offering protection and peace of mind.
Aviva Canada Inc. is one of Canada’s largest insurance groups and we have a lot to offer to talented people just entering the working world.
If you’re ready for a head start, we’d like to meet you.
Aviva is pleased to announce the start of our recruitment for our Summer Intern Program for the period of May 2017 to August 2017. This is an excellent opportunity for post-secondary students to gain exposure to the insurance industry. We are currently looking for summer interns to join our Information Technology and Digital business across Canada. Aviva realizes the importance of creating internships as a means to develop talent to meet future requirements for entry-level insurance roles.
Accountabilities What would I do on the job?
- Summer interns will have an opportunity to contribute in a variety of duties in various departments within the IT and Digital group.
- Responsible for assisting full time staff with short term projects to meet business requirements
- Clerical and administrative duties, filing, data-entry, general office support, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in fields related to Business, Computer Science, Sales or Marketing related
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills based
- Highly proficient in MS office suite (Word/Powerpoint/Visio, Excel, etc.) and some exposure using incident tracking tools (Ticketing Software)
- Acute attention to detail with outstanding follow-up skills
- Strong customer service skills with the desire and ability to exceed customer expectations
- Strong team player
We have multiple opportunities within various locations across Canada.
Desired Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills Please submit your applications to us by March 3 rd .
**We thank you for your interest in applying for this position, however only suitable candidates will be contacted for interviews.**
Additional Information Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
Employment Type: Internship
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-12