OverviewAviva Canada Intermediate Healthcare Service Advisor Full Time in Scarborough, ON
Branch Scarborough ON CA
Intermediate Healthcare Service Advisor
Superior customer service skills. Aviva Canada is one of the leading property and casualty insurance groups in Canada providing home, auto and business…
We are currently recruiting for an Intermediate Healthcare Advisor for our Scarborough location to appropriately handle accident benefits claims according to individual authority, knowledge and expertise.
- Interpret Insurance Contracts, determine policy coverages, establish and adjust reserves in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Obtain investigative reports, independent medical examinations where appropriate, statement sfrom insured’s/witnesses and other experts as required.
- Educate customers and providers of the Legislation.
- Ensure all aspects ofthe claim process are handled effectively and withing company guidelines.
- Assist in resolving claims issues with respect to interpretations, as they relate to the legislation and settlement negotations.
- Ensure service levels and quality standards are met by approved experts.
- To educate the insured about Premier Healthcare and refer them to the Premiere Healthcare network if th einsured chooses this option.
- Attend and actively participate in training and file clinic sessions.
- Maintain an effective diary system and follow current operational protocol required.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
- 2-4 years of Insurance Claims Handling Experience (Accident Benefits Required)
- University/College degree and/or CIP designation
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to lear and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate organizational skills
- Current Microsoft Office working knowledge
- Ability to adapt to and work with various computer programs, databases and software.
Desired Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
Additional Information Aviva Canada is one of the leading property and casualty insurance groups in Canada providing home, auto and business insurance to more than three million customers. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of UK-based Aviva plc and has more than 3,000 employees, 25 locations and 1,700 independent broker partners.
Aviva Canada invests in positive change through the Aviva Community Fund, Canada’s longest running online community funding competition. Since its inception in 2009, the Aviva Community Fund has awarded $5.5 million to over 100 communities nationwide.
For more information about Aviva Canada, visit AvivaCanada.com, our blog or our Twitter , Facebook and LinkedIn pages.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10