OverviewAviva Canada Claims Assistant – Home Warranty, Vancouver Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Claims Assistant – Home Warranty, Vancouver
Excellant customer service track record, and strong service delivery mind-set. 1 to 3 years of related experience providing both customer service and…
An excellent opportunity exists in our Vancouver location for a Claims Assistant for our Home Warranty Claims department. This role will provide the opportunity to learn about Home Warranty and the claims process. The incumbant will provide administrative support in the Home Warranty team for the prompt and efficient processing or Warranty claims in accordance with established corporate policies and procedures.
The Claims Assistant is the first point of contact for external customers, as well as provides claims support and adminstration services to all internal claims contacts (claims adviors/adjustors), and internal underwriting staff. A strong level of service delivery is required to uphold Aviva’s values through all interactions.
- Responsible for receipt of new clailms via phone, fax or email.
- Assignment of claims to file handlers within established corporate policies
- Statistical reporitng for claims operations as required
- Processing of incoming and outgoing mail on a daily basis
- Provide full support for management and file handlers as requested
- Answer inquiries from customers and staff as required, and make proper decisions on where to direct the inquiry
- Systems support for file handlers and management
- Responsible for compilation of monthly and quarterly reports
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
- Post-Secondary diploma or insurance related courses and designations would be an asset.
- 1 to 3 years of related experience providing both customer service and administrative services in a corporate office environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellant customer service track record, and strong service delivery mind-set
- Good technical aptitude with MS office Suite, and other customized systems and databases
- Excellent time-management and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline oriented environment
- Good ability to manage ambiguity and constantly changing priorities
- Attention to detial and accuracy are key to success in this role and reflect on the claims process
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17