OverviewAvigilon Facility Handyman Full Time in Richmond, BC
Branch Richmond BC CA
Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions…
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
The General Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring the timely completion of corrective work orders by utilizing their experience in multiple trades. They will support the department with small moves and will maintain all storage areas.
- Provide hands on expertise in areas of preventative maintenance, trouble-shooting, engineering and construction coordination
- Perform and document maintenance activities on all mechanical systems and equipment including but not limited to HVAC, compressors, nitrogen generators, exhaust fans, etc.
- Coordinate and supervise work activities with subcontractors
- Complete small wall repairs, minor electrical (change lightbulb and ballasts), minor plumbing, and painting
- Repair and replacement of general fixtures, general repair includes: doors, windows, walls, flooring, ceilings, roofs, furniture, and cabinetry
- Direct hands on mechanical work like filter changes, belt changes etc.
- Overall building cleanliness like light bulbs, ceiling tiles etc.
- Ensures that all activities are conducted in compliance with any pertinent regulatory requirements and in accordance with provincial regulations, ethical and professional values
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- 3+ years of experience and knowledge in Facilities and Manufacturing maintenance
- Ability to work independently as well as follow directions and work well with others
- Valid license (free of fines etc.) as well as a vehicle
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Flexibility to work on weekends if required
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
Perks at our Yaletown office include an outdoor basketball court and full service indoor gym, as well as excellent proximity to public transportation.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Richmond, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-02