OverviewAV Group Operations Specialist Full Time in Nackawic, NB
Branch Nackawic NB CA
Comply with Health & Safety and environment standards. Located in Nackawic, New Brunswick, our pulp mill finds itself in a picturesque area of the Saint John…
AV Group NB Inc. is an exciting and innovative company operating in the unique global market of viscose fibre. Located in Nackawic, New Brunswick, our pulp mill finds itself in a picturesque area of the Saint John River, a short drive between Fredericton and Woodstock, New Brunswick. As part of the Aditya Birla Group, our role is to produce specialty pulp products (dissolving grade pulp) for the group’s textile industry. With operations in 36 countries, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities. In 2011, Aditya Birla was ranked fourth globally and first in the Asia-Pacific region, in the “top companies for leaders” study. It is also ranked first in the production of viscose staple fibre textiles worldwide.
AV Group NB Inc. is currently recruiting for the following position:
Operations Specialist – Chemical Plant
Reporting to the Chemical Plant Superintendent, the Operations Specialist is responsible for efficient operation of the Chemical Plant area which is a complex process in a challenging environment. The Operations Specialist will be an active supporter of the daily operation of the Chemical Plant area safety initiatives.
- Ensure that the operation’s and Chemical Plant operation meets or exceeds established mill targets for Production, Quality and Cost
- Ensure effective utilization of the Chemical Plant’s workforce
- Ensure continuous improvement towards current best practices
- Keep up to date with Technology and Process Safety Methodologies and apply to the Chemical Plant accordingly
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities in the department
- Comply with Health & Safety and environment standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years post-secondary education. Preference will be given to graduates from a Chemical Technologist program or a degree in Chemical Engineering
- Proven track record in a Chemical, Chloralkali, Chlorate or Manufacturing Plant with 3-5 years relevant experience in a similar role.
- A self-starter with a high degree of motivation, initiative and problem solving ability
- Must be able to lead and manage others to ensure positive business results
- Must exhibit a high degree of communication skills
- Must be a big picture thinker
- Experience working in a unionized environment would be considered an asset
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application to our Human Resources Department before June 8th 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why AV Group NB Inc.?
With AV Group NB Inc. you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and work ethics. AV Group offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Nackawic, NB, CA
Posted on: 2018-05-24