Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-01-10
Aurora Cannabis Inc. Quality Control Manager, Sky Full Time in Nisku, AB
Aurora Cannabis Inc.
Branch Nisku AB CA
Quality Control Manager, Sky
Advanced knowledge of GMP and regulations for manufacturing pharmaceutical products considered an asset. Establish, understand, and follow all department SOPs…
QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is currently recruiting for a Quality Control Manager to join our Sky Facility, located in Nisku, AB. The incumbent will report directly to the Quality Assurance Director, and will be responsible for the following:
- Establish, understand, and follow all department SOPs and related forms to GMP standards, including QC procedures for USP/ EU compliance
- Complete all required documentation using good documentation practices,
- including QC procedures for USP/ EU compliance
- Develop testing specifications for all controlled materials and finished products.
- Maintain and demonstrate functional understanding of HPLC, GC-MS, ICP-MS, spectroscopy, and plant sciences
- Be responsible for the execution of Quality Control process, including:
- Material Management – sampling, testing, and approval of certificate of analysis of controlled materials. Provide guidance to procurement for suitability of material and vendors
- Environmental Monitoring – participate in the development and execution of the sampling plan of grow rooms, report state of facility and procedures to minimize risk of contamination
- Compile specification documents for all tested materials
- Oversee sampling and testing of cannabis products both internally and externally to ensure compliance with internal specifications and other needs
- Source capital equipment from various vendors
- Oversee production processes where applicable
- Ability to organize and facilitate multi-disciplinary research projects, and organize and implement scientific experiments and/or procedures
- Effective and strong communication with Facility Manager, Production Manager, Chief Cultivator and Quality Assurance
- Attend and participate in meetings as required
- Minimum of 5+ years in a QC Management role
- High level of proficiency in scientific writing and exhibition of Good Laboratory Practices required
- B.Sc. degree in an applicable discipline of science (chemistry, biochemistry, biology or related)
- Advanced knowledge of GMP and regulations for manufacturing pharmaceutical products considered an asset
- Familiarity with laboratory equipment (e.g. HPLC, GC, and ICP).
- Proven ability to supervise personnel and excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt well to change
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Control Management: 5 years