AtlantiCann Medical Inc. Marijuana Master Gardner Full Time in Halifax, NS
AtlantiCann Medical Inc.
Branch Halifax NS CA
Marijuana Master Gardner
Work closely with Quality Assurance in response to the status of medical marihuana (i.e. Working closely with AMI’s Quality Assurance Manager, Facility Manager,…
AtlantiCann Medical Inc. (AMI) is looking for a key member of our management team for a new state of the art 46,000 square foot medical marijuana warehouse production facility in Atlantic Canada. A member of AMI’s senior management team, the Master Gardner reports to the Vice President Operations and is responsible for supervising and directing the overall marijuana production and staff of AMI’s marijuana grow operations.
An attractive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate, including a significant base starting salary, annual, negotiated performance-based cash and/or in-kind bonuses or pay increases and assistance with moving expenses if required.
- At least 2-3 years of commercial medical marijuana warehouse grow experience in a senior production position
- Must hold degree in horticulture or agriculture (Master’s degree an asset). Specialized training and/or extensive relevant experience may be considered as an alternative to academic credentials.
- Knowledge of large scale commercial plant cultivation including automated systems, nutrient requirements, irrigation and fertigation, mediums, light requirements, temperature control, air flow, pH management, etc.
- Knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options.
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of grow warehouse.
- Advanced knowledge of the cannabis plant and genetics
- Must be able to provide grow resume, pictures and portfolio at interview.
- Prior senior experience managing, motivating and mentoring staff.
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Creative and adaptive problem solver.
- Working closely with AMI’s Quality Assurance Manager, Facility Manager, Tissue Culture Supervisor and Extraction Manager, perform and manage all aspects of growing including: selection and development of genetic strains and seeds, cloning, potting and transplanting, designing and maintaining nutrient regimes, feeding plants, defoliation, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, trimming, harvesting, drying, packaging, waste disposal and inventory management.
- Manage a large-scale production facility, including: ensuring cleanliness of the facility, managing budget, cost, performing general administrative duties, and purchasing materials as needed.
- Working closely with the QA/QC Manager to ensure the production team meets or exceeds GMP standards and SOPs.
- Manage grow warehouse working crew of up to 30 employees.
- Recognize potential problems and execute corrective measures.
- Manage data collection for accuracy and ensure all tracking is compliant with government regulations and company requirements.
- Maintain exceptional attention to detail to achieve consistently high quality and yields while ensuring optimum efficiency and cost control.
- Training individuals in growing with little to no experience.
- Develop and/or maintain growing protocols and nutrient regimen.
- Manage plant scheduling and organization to precisely project all garden needs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Catalog and analyze each individual strain from clone to flower to harvesting.
- Execute preventative maintenance and work with the QA/QC Manger to ensure an integrated Pest Management program is in place and effective.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Manage Ebb & Flow, DWC and hydroponics growing methods.
- Working knowledge in container systems with hydro as well as understanding temperature and humidity manipulation.
- Expert knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options.
- Well researched in new techniques and insight to expand knowledge in nutrient of individual strains, high yield recipes, controlled stress environments to different lighting systems and set ups.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Strains; Sativa, Indica and Hybrids..
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Good Production Practices (GPP/GMP).
- Responsible for ensuring that medical marihuana is handled in accordance with SOPs.
- Generate and maintain accurate GPP/GMP documents.
- Handle all documents and associated responsibilities as they pertain to the receiving of raw materials, propagation, sowing, growing, drying, harvesting, packaging, storage, picking, destroying, shipping and distribution of the medical marihuana.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance in response to the status of medical marihuana (i.e. release, hold, etc.) and on all GPP/GMP items as requested by Quality Assurance, the Senior Person in Charge, Responsible Person in Charge or the Alternate Responsible Person in Charge.
- Help to ensure that all security measures are maintained and SOPs adhered to.
- Assist in the hiring and training of all production staff.
- Work with Senior Management to plan and develop future production space.
- Assist government regulators and auditors with inspections and audits of facility, operations, inventory, sales and regulatory compliance.
- Facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary.
- You are at least 21 years of age.
- Must not have any criminal convictions or arrests involving drug-related offences, (a criminal record check with the RCMP will be required prior to any offer being made.
- You are willing to participate in an extensive background security check.
- You can start immediately.
- You are trustworthy and hard working.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage time and personnel, set priorities and handle many obligations at the same time.
- Strong verbal communication, leadership and managerial skills.
- Knowledge of Canada’s ACMPR rules and regulations and production requirements would be valuable attribute.
- Trustworthy and hard working.
- Passion and ambition for excelling in the ACMPR program.
- Computer proficient.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- marijuana production: 2 years