OverviewAtlantic Towing NL Offshore Navigation Cadet Student – Summer 2017 Temporary in St. John’s, NL
Atlantic Towing NL
Branch St. John’s NL CA
Offshore Navigation Cadet Student – Summer 2017
St. John’s, NL
Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate (TDG). Possess the skills to perform job related tasks and apply safe practices while performing physical tasks….
Atlantic Towing Limited is a well-established Marine Company with a diverse fleet of Harbour, Coastal/Deep Sea Tugs, as well as, Offshore Supply Vessels with locations in Saint John, New Brunswick, Halifax, Nova Scotia and St. John’s, Newfoundland.
We are currently accepting applications for Offshore Navigation Cadet positions with our Offshore Supply Vessels. The Navigation Cadet is responsible to the Chief Mate or his/her designate to carry out a variety of tasks on deck, on the navigation bridge and the engine room (as required by their training program)
- Education Required: Trade Certification or Associate’s Degree
- Years of Experience Required: 2-5 years
- Understand and comply with various safety processes within the Safety Management System
- Possess the skills to perform job related tasks and apply safe practices while performing physical tasks.
- Have a thorough understanding of precautions and procedures related to the Safety Management System
- Have thorough understanding of pollution regulations and the company’s objectives regarding environmental protection.
- Make safety and protection of the environment their top priority at all times by adhering to the company’s personal protective equipment policies and safe working practices and procedures, under the direction and supervision of the chief mate and/or his designate;
- Carry out supervised general maintenance tasks along with the deck crew as directed;
- Perform supervised general navigation and watch keeping duties as instructed by the Officer of the Watch.
- Mandatory Certification and Training:
- Marine Emergency Duties
- H2S Alive
- Transport Canada Marine Medical Standard First Aid and CPR
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate (TDG)
- Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities
- The Navigation Cadet is responsible to the Chief Mate or his/her designate to carry out a variety of tasks on deck, on the navigation bridge and the engine room (as required by their training program)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by January 26th, 2017.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: St. John's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24