OverviewATB Financial Underwriting Manager Trainee Full Time in Alberta
Branch AB CA
Underwriting Manager Trainee
Through effective management of operational, regulatory & credit risk you ensure ATB’s risk tolerance is adhered to ….
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Underwriting Manager Trainee
You’ve got a strong internal drive, an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for making a difference through your work. You describe yourself as someone who loves to live outside your comfort zone, a trailblazer who constantly seeks new ways to learn and grow.
If that sounds like you, ATB Financial Business & Agriculture (B&Ag) is THE place to work for you. The B&Ag group at ATB is dedicated to helping support the success of Alberta’s entrepreneurs and farmers. As a part of our continued growth and unrelenting desire to provide innovative solutions to our customers, we have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant impact on our small business and agriculture clients in Alberta.
Reporting directly to the Director, Underwriting and supporting teams within the Business & Agriculture (B&Ag) hub, the primary focus of the Underwriting Manager A (UMA) is to assess risk and profitability, underwrite credit and ensure optimum customer service is provided.
This position supports the sales force to enhance their overall effectiveness by participating in customer meetings, and by providing specialized advice on a broad range of business lending products. This position is responsible for jointly managing, developing, administering and maintaining a portfolio of accounts with loans and deposits between $250,000 and $1,000,000. The incumbent will work with multiple B & Ag teams and their customers to understand their business and meet their credit, deposit, and value add service needs. Specific accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
At the heart of it, you are a relationship builder and connector who thrives on supporting the needs of our small business and agriculture clients in the province. You aim to become a trusted advisor through consistent support and a genuine desire to understand where our clients are, where they came from and where they are going.
- Working directly with the Relationship Managers and Managers – Entrepreneurship within assigned B & Ag teams to analyze financial statements, assess risk and determine which ATB Financial products and services best meet the needs of the customer to enhance the customer experience and manage risk.
- Creating a unique customer experience by fulfilling the basic and foundational needs of the new and existing customers.
- Preparing credit assessments and disburses or implement loans to customers within authorized lending limits in accordance with ATB Financial policy and procedures.
- Through the renewal process, identifying opportunities to contribute to the overall credit, loan growth and referral targets within the hub.
- Ensuring the appropriate pricing and fee structures are applied to each loan.
- In conjunction with other B & Ag teams, administer existing connections including renewals, expired credits, margining, monitoring of classified advance report and review of client files to manage risk and ensure audit requirements are met and ATB continues to lend in a sound manner.
- Through effective management of operational, regulatory & credit risk you ensure ATB’s risk tolerance is adhered to .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Business or accounting degree or diploma or related business experience.
- ATB Credit courses or equivalent.
- B & Ag Accreditation level I & II or equivalent.
- 1 to 2 years experience underwriting business or agricultural loans with a strong preference for individuals with agriculture underwriting or lending experience.
- Strong analytical and financial analysis skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- Connector: You build relationships naturally, and bring people of mutual interest together easily.
- Translator: You have an uncanny capacity to convert large volumes of information, complex or ambiguous, into readily-understood communication.
- Hungry : You combine the intrinsic motivation and drive to excel with the ability and determination to achieve success.
- Customer Service Passion: You have an unrelenting desire for exceptional service by going beyond expectations.
- Business Judgment: You are keenly aware of business issues, processes and outcomes that could affect ATB & the client.
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , AB, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04