OverviewATB Financial Senior Manager, Connected Services Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Senior Manager, Connected Services
Ensuring appropriate levels of resourcing to support operational activities and ongoing projects. Service Desk, End User Desktop Computing, SharePoint, and…
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Coach of the Year. Magnificent Mentor. Visionary. Motivator. Team Player. Whether at work or out in your community, you are the person that knows how to bring it all together. You’re a natural leader and your passion and excitement comes from knowing that your efforts make a significant difference in the lives of your team members, customers and the community around you.
Senior Manager – Connected Services
Reporting to the Vice President, Responsive Solutions, the primary focus of this position is the oversight and management of the delivery of a variety of important enterprise IT services including: Service Desk, End User Desktop Computing, SharePoint, and Telecommunications (End User and Mobile)
You will find success based on your ability to:
- Establish, or participate in the creation of, key strategic objectives for the Connected Services teams, with a focus on the following service areas:
- Service Desk – with third-party service provider.
- End User Experience – for desktop experiences, including renewal projects, as well as video conferencing and video display infrastructure used through ATB offices and branches.
- SharePoint – to ensure the effective usage of SharePoint as a collaboration platform.
- Telecommunications – to ensure the effective usage and management of physical phone systems, Microsoft Lync / Skype for Business & Mobility.
- Working with other ITSD teams for the effective usage of technology by increasing user productivity.
- Assist in the definition of projects for budget process, including high-level budget estimation.
- Work with ATB Program and Project Managers on the implementation of approved projects, acting as a technical lead and resource manager.
- Practice continuous improvement with respect to process development, documentation, maintenance, and adherence to ensure the department aligns with industry best practices.
- Recommending and working closely with the ITSD and ATB Corporate Innovation teams to assess and determine how ATB can better enable our employees through technology.
- Understanding new technology trends and determine viability for ATB, particularly as the trends relate to user productivity, recommending techniques to adopt within the organization.
- Work to develop the key measurements to be used to measure service performance, including with our outsourced vendors.
- Develop, maintain and communication measurements related to technology trends, technology adoption outside and inside ATB.
- Ensuring the effective management of end user computing devices (desktop, laptops, tablets, video conferencing and mobile devices).
- Establishing and working toward a roadmap for core end-user software, like Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Ensure the effective use and management of Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) environment to image and software deployment.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of core end user computing image for fast deployment.
- Ensuring appropriate levels of resourcing to support operational activities and ongoing projects.
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- Extensive experience managing team leaders / managers (Minimum 10 years of IT Management experience).
- Extensive experience in managing and monitoring outsource relationships. Preference given to candidates that have negotiated these agreements.
- Extensive experience in a wide variety of IT service areas.
- Ability to oversee technical teams and groups delivery of services.
- Ability to perform well in high-paced, high stress environments.
- Familiar with multi-platform, multi vendor, multiple technology based environments (Server, Desktop, Network, Telephony).
- Previous experience in delivery of support via Service Desk or Helpdesk is preferred.
- Skill communicatory with excellent strong customer service focus and ability to work through difficult situations.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues, policies, regulatory requirements and industry information affecting ATB’s environment.
- Ability to strategically assess and mitigate the impact on ATB’s vision when directing the implementation of new or changing policies and processes.
- Relevant previous IT experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity preferred.
- Previous experience and certification with ITIL preferred.
- Recognized Information Technology Management degree or diploma preferred.
- Experience and proven track record relating to process development and implementation.
- Sound knowledge of the financial services industry.
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
To read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please click the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives .
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-16