OverviewATB Financial Project Associate Director Temporary in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Project Associate Director
Project Associate Director – Real Estate, Corporate Financial Services. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement…
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Project Associate Director – Real Estate, Corporate Financial Services As a member of the Real Estate Team this role is responsible for managing, developing, administering and maintaining a portfolio of Diversified market relationships, primarily complex and/or public companies with loans and/or deposits generally over $5,000,000.
The primary focus of the Project Associate Director – Real Estate is to provide credit assessment, risk analysis, account maintenance and assist the Director with achieving profitable growth while ensuring optimum customer service is provided.
This is a temporary Project position based in Edmonton, AB and is also available internal for a secondment opportunity.
- Prepare credit assessments through to completion of an application for credit. Analyze, to the appropriate degree, financial statements to assess risk and determine which ATB financial services best meets the customers’ needs.
- Disburse or implement loans to customers within authorized lending limits after obtaining credit approval and the required documentation, collateral and security to support the loan.
- Assess financial service needs of customers through discussion with the Director or other members of the team or through interview with customer.
- Administer existing connections including renewals, expired credits, initiating and following up on arrears and debt recovery.
- Identify and either respond to or refer opportunities generated from customer analysis and inquiries to the Director, Retail Banking or ATB Investor Services contact.
- Ensure credit decisions / recommendations are in accordance with sound credit granting principles and are in accordance with ATB lending policy and procedures.
- Manage risk through account monitoring to identify and act upon any deterioration of account or portfolio risk. This includes ongoing monitoring of industry reports as well as interim and year-end financial information/statements.
- Assist the Director with improving efficiencies and profitability of the business unit.
- Support and participate with the Director to achieve growth targets; including profitability goals and targets and other agreed upon objectives.
- Ensure non-interest revenue is collected from customers within portfolio.
- Complete returns and reports for the diversified business area.
- Participate in Sales Team meetings, sharing successes, best practices and other information with the team.
- Manage internal relationships with Corporate Credit, TAG, Asset Management, Retail, etc.
- Responsible for managing the portfolio in the Director’s absence.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- 4 – 6 years Commercial/Real Estate lending or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional analytical and financial analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with sophisticated clients.
- Ability to meet deadlines and establish priorities to manage multiple issues.
- Business or accounting degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong personal computer skills, preference to experience with Microsoft applications.
- MBA, CFA or accounting designation would be an asset.
- Hungry. Passionate. Driven. Entrepreneurial spirit. Relentlessly Inventive
- Do the right thing – we want those who are steadfastly genuine in their pursuit to make banking work for people
- Think big and making it happen – only creative and out-of-the-box thinkers need apply.
- Ability to meet deadlines and establish priorities
- Ability to learn new skills and acquire new knowledge
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-02