OverviewATB Financial Managing Director, Business Development Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Managing Director, Business Development
The Managing Director is highly skilled in sales management, credit structuring, negotiation, strategy and finance….
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Managing Director – Business Development
You’ve got a strong internal drive, an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for making a difference through your work. You describe yourself as someone who loves to live outside your comfort zone, a trailblazer who is constantly seeking new ways to learn and grow.
If that sounds like you, ATB Financial Business & Agriculture (B&Ag) is THE place to work for you. The B&Ag group at ATB is dedicated to helping support the success of Alberta’s entrepreneurs and farmers. As a part of our continued growth and unrelenting desire to provide innovative solutions to our customers, we have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant impact on our small business and agriculture clients in Alberta.
The Managing Director of Business Development play a key role in the Senior Sales Leadership team and is responsible for reaching or exceeding new business acquisition targets through the leadership of a team of 10 high performing Business Development Managers. Through proactive development and coaching, this role helps the team to build a strong pipeline of opportunities and close on opportunities that meet the risk appetite and profitability targets of B&Ag.
The Managing Director is highly skilled in sales management, credit structuring, negotiation, strategy and finance. B&Ag has experienced record results for growth and profitability for the past three consecutive years and this role will be responsible for helping us continue to meet and exceed goals.
Specific accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- You spearhead business development initiatives that are consistent with B&Ag’s overall strategy focused primarily on the mid-market.
- You serve as a key member of the sales leadership team and are part of setting B&Ag’s strategic direction.
- You provide continuous development opportunities for your team through direct coaching, a monthly business review process and ongoing performance management.
- You proactively manage the profitability of new business acquisition through proper risk-weighted pricing, fee collection and share of wallet; in addition you provide expertise in credit structuring and risk identification within B&Ag’s risk appetite.
- You diplomatically and fairly manage the distribution of new business opportunities to Relationship Managers in the field.
- You look for opportunities to streamline the customer onboarding process to increase efficiency and productivity with the goal of enhancing the customer experience.
- You develop a detailed understanding of the solutions and options available within B&Ag to provide the best value-added financing options to our customers.
- You maintain a detailed and accurate pipeline reporting system.
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- : Builds relationships naturally, and brings people of mutual interest together easily. Translator : Can convert large volumes of information, complex or ambiguous, into readily-understood communication. Hungry : Combines the intrinsic motivation and drive to excel, with the ability and determination to achieve success. Collaborator : Engages a diverse range of people to achieve a greater collective result. This leader reaches out easily and readily partners with others both inside and outside the organization.
- Catalyst : The Catalyst inspires new thinking, fresh momentum, and focused action to move things forward in a positive direction. This leader advances meaningful change without taking over the work of others.
- : The Creator develops innovative ideas and products. Creates meaning value, opportunity and talent, including future leaders. Explorer : Sees and pursues possibilities that are not readily apparent, takes calculated risks and has the fortitude to stay the course.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelors degree in business or marketing; A professional designation or MBA is a nice to have.
- Ten years of experience in a senior-level sales position or a consulting background.
- Extensive experience structuring complex credit transactions within the Canadian mid-market.
- Proven sales leadership experience with a demonstrated capacity to influence, develop, and empower high performing employees to achieve objectives with a team approach.
- A solid understanding of Business Products, our market, players, technologies, and a rolodex of contacts in related markets.
- Quick Study, self directed, comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- A proven track record of devising sales strategy and driving profitable growth.
- Experience in planning marketing strategies and selling through partner channels.
- Experience in structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations.
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication.
As a team member with the Business & Agriculture (B&Ag) group at ATB, you can expect:
- Challenging work that serves as a stepping stone or building block for a fulfilling career in financial services.
- The opportunity to work in a results oriented work environment – giving you the autonomy to be where you want to be, when you need to be.
- The ability to grow your career without ever having to leave the province.
- The capacity to work with in house experts who understand the in’s and out’s of Alberta and are all dedicated to the success of the province.
- Bragging rights! Knowing you work for an employer who is a true partner to Alberta and our small business and agriculture clients.
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
To read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For information on communities where ATB thrives, please visit http://www.atb.com/contact-us/Pages/branch-locator.aspx
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31