OverviewATB Financial Functional Analyst – Calgary Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Functional Analyst – Calgary
Detailed knowledge of banking, finance, or accounting processes. Participation in several system implementation life-cycles (analyze, design, build, test,…
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
As a Functional Analyst on ATB Financial’s SAP Banking Services Team, you will be responsible for developing functional requirement for Banking System running on SAP. You should have experience in IT development as developer or as Business Analyst, with strong knowledge of System Development Life Cycle. You are comfortable establishing cross-team partnerships and work well with others. You are extremely detail-oriented, have excellent problem-solving skills, and have a creative approach towards meeting systems integration requirements. Strong presentation skill and leading or facilitating JAD sessions will be required. As the ideal candidate, you have experience with SAP Banking and system integration.
You will find success based on your abilities in the following areas:
- Designs/Creates functional requirements for SAP system changes.
- Configures system enhancements where appropriate.
- Works closely with Developers on Break fix and Enhancements.
- Co-ordinates testing of and training for system modifications.
- Resolves critical SAP development issues.
- Develops, and proposes both short and long term solutions to SAP system requirements.
- Supports departmental functions/usage of SAP Banking modules; evaluates system requirements and implement solutions; configure, modifies, and coordinate testing of released objects.
- Creates and document strategies; and develop, coordinate and execute standards, policies, methods and procedures.
- Provides day-to-day technical direction and leadership for ERP business Costing processes; ability to accomplish deliverables involving complex and highly analytical tasks.
- Administers/coordinates upgrades and system patches.
- Consults with multiple Business process owners to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements and levels of system access.
- Analyzes and develop requirements for enhancements to existing systems; ensure the system design fits user needs.
- Tracks and fully documents changes; writes detailed procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
- Responds to reports of operational problems.
- Coordinates and review new functional business requirements and determines the impact on the production SAP environment.
- Works collaboratively with business, channel, and architecture team members to find the appropriate functional and technical approach for achieving accurate solutions.
Job Requirements :
As the ideal candidate you posses:
- University bachelor degree in a relevant discipline.
- 5 or more years experience in System Development and Support.
- 1 year or more in supporting SAP environment.
- 3 or more years experience in IT integration.
- Software development and project management experience.
- Able to effectively use tools/ software applications to create. documentation e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint.
- Data and process modeling skills.
- Ability to read and understand XML documents.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and resources in a dynamic. environment across various sites and organize complex information.
- Must possess initiative with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong analytical skills and a demonstrable bias toward action.
- Ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization.
- Superior problem solving skills, issues management experience & the ability to execute a gap analysis.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organization, and planning skills.
- Successful track record in working on cross-functional, cross-team projects.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Detailed knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) lifecycle methodology.
- Detailed knowledge of banking, finance, or accounting processes.
- Experience with SAP Banking systems and Software AG’s WebMethods.
- Participation in several system implementation life-cycles (analyze, design, build, test, implement, support).
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
To read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For information on communities where ATB thrives, please visit http://www.atb.com/contact-us/Pages/branch-locator.aspx
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21