OverviewATB Financial Financial Analyst I – Edmonton Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Financial Analyst I – Edmonton
Adhere to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) in the financial accounting & reporting of ATB Financial (ATBF) results….
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Financial Analyst I
The primary focus of the Management Reporting team under Accounting Services is to provide business and financial advisory services focused on Enterprise financial performance. The team is an active contributor to the financial, operational and strategic objectives of ATB Financial. With a combination of capabilities from accounting, finance and business experiences, management reporting team acts as financial steward, operator, strategist and catalyst for the company in varying degree.
The team will reference multiple disciplines to manage a Financial Management Framework (FMF) on behalf and benefit of the enterprise and its business units. The framework is applied through the primary finance activities of compliance, reporting & analysis. The team’s objective is to assess and enhance the short-term profitability and long-term sustainability of the company by providing timely, accurate and insightful information.
A Financial Analyst creates the information upon which the team’s insights are based.These insights allow us to advise the business and enterprise in their decision making processes.The Financial Analyst will be primarily involved in the production of quantitative and qualitative measures of ATB Financial’s (ATBF) financial results.
You will find success based on your abilities in the following areas:
- Adhere to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) in the financial accounting & reporting of ATB Financial (ATBF) results.
- Apply organizationally accepted controls and policies in the production of reports and analysis.
- Test for data integrity and identify failure of internal controls and processes.
- Identify, extract, organize and present the required data to create informative and insightful reports.
- Timely, accurate and comprehensive financial and management reporting on the results of ATBF.
- Measure and monitor financial results to identify emerging patterns or trends that will have an impact on short and long term financial performance.
- Conduct analysis on the profitability, productivity and efficiency of the company’s products, services, operations and delivery channels.
- Conduct multi-dimensional analysis in the form of metrics, drivers, segments and time series.
- Build financial models for the purposes of planning & forecasting and scenario & impact analysis.
- Integrate operational data with financial results to provide a holistic view on the company’s performance.
- Develop a familiarity with business operations and appropriately analyze root causes of performance challenges.
- Include evaluation of marketplace dynamics and competitive landscape in performance reporting.
- Identify activities driven by company strategy and conduct forward-looking analysis.
- Develop a competency in interpreting and applying information about key operational drivers.
- Support annual target setting and financial planning process by providing historical Datasets.
- Support quarterly forecasts of short term financial results.
- Supply Senior Management with the appropriate information in their decision making for the profitable operation of the company.
- Support business cases and plans.
- Increase financial literacy within the organization staff and share best practices for decision support.
- Execute and coordinate implementation of decision support initiatives.
- Develop diverse and deep networks amongst business and corporate partners.
- Collaborate with and counsel business and corporate partners to improve financial performance and ensure the integrity of the planning and reporting process.
- Support and participate in development, training and educational activities.
- Maintain a performance and accountability driven mindset and encourage it in your peers.
- Seek opportunities to update and apply professional knowledge.
- Seek feedback from leader to improve performance going forward.
- Collaborate with team members to provide better financial service.
- Demonstrate ATB’s leadership attributes in behaviour.
Other duties as assigned to support in the delivery of the mandate of the management reporting team.
Job Requirements :
As the ideal candidate you posses:
- Accounting practices, policies and procedures – GAAP & IFRS.
- Cost Center / Profit Center Accounting.
- Cost and Revenue Allocation.
- Quantitative Analysis – financial, data and statistical.
- Business planning and forecasting (financial modelling).
- Process and quality assurance orientation.
- Time Management and prioritization.
- Collaborative and team oriented.
- Negotiation, influence and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Pragmatic approach to improving processes for enhanced operational service delivery.
- Data querying and analysis – experience with Crystal Reports and SQL considered an asset.
- Advanced user of MS Office tools, especially Excel and Access.
- SAP FICO, Bank Analyzer, Profit Analyzer and Banking Services.
- University Degree preferably in the business, financial or economic field.
- Accounting Designation obtained or in progress preferred – CPA or CFA deemed favourable.
- More than 2 Years experience in the financial services industry and/or finance & accounting function.
- Balance between experience and education will be considered.
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
To read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For information on communities where ATB thrives, please visit http://www.atb.com/contact-us/Pages/branch-locator.aspx
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25