OverviewATB Financial Associate Director, Energy Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Associate Director, Energy
Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Identify and either respond to or refer opportunities generated from customer…
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Associate Director – Energy, Corporate Financial Services As a member of the Relationship Management Team this role is responsible for managing, developing, administering and maintaining a portfolio of Energy relationships, primarily complex and/or public companies with loans and/or deposits generally over $5,000,000.
The primary focus of the Associate Director – Energy is to provide credit assessment, risk analysis, account maintenance and assist with achieving profitable growth while ensuring optimum customer service is provided.
You will find success based on your abilities in the following areas:
- Prepare credit assessments through completion of an application for credit. Analyze to the appropriate degree financial statements to assess risk and determine which ATB financial services best meets the customers’ needs.
- Disburse or implement loans to customers within authorized lending limits after obtaining credit approval and the required documentation, collateral and security to support the loan.
- Assess financial service needs of customers through discussion with the Director – Energy, other team members or interviews with the customer.
- Administer existing connections including renewals, expired credits, initiating and following up on arrears and debt recovery.
- Identify and either respond to or refer opportunities generated from customer analysis and inquiries to Director – Energy, Independent Business, Retail Banking, Alberta Private Client or ATB Investor Services contact.
- Ensure credit decisions / recommendations are in accordance with sound credit granting principles and are in accordance with ATB lending policy and procedures.
- Manage risk through account monitoring to identify and act upon any deterioration of account or portfolio risk. This includes ongoing monitoring of industry reports as well as interim and year-end financial information/statements.
- Assist the Director – Energy with improving efficiencies and profitability of business unit.
- Ensure non-interest revenue is collected from customers within portfolio.
- Complete returns and reports for the oil and gas business area.
- Participate in Sales Team meetings, sharing successes, best practices and other information with the team.
- Manage internal relationships with Corporate Credit, Asset Management, Retail, APC, ATBIS etc.
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- 4 – 6 years Independent Business Commercial lending or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional analytical and financial analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with sophisticated clients.
- Ability to meet deadlines and establish priorities to manage multiple issues.
- Business or accounting degree or equivalent experience
- Strong personal computer skills, preference to experience with Microsoft applications
- MBA, CFA or accounting designation would be an asset
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-22