OverviewATB Financial Associate Director, Corporate Financial Services Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Associate Director, Corporate Financial Services
Assist the Corporate Relationship Management team with improving efficiencies and profitability of business unit….
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Associate Director – Corporate Financial Services This is an exciting opportunity for a driven individual who will provide support and expertise to several Relationship Management teams across several industries, in developing, administering and maintaining a portfolio of relationships with primarily complex companies (public and private) covering all industries, with loans and /or deposits generally over $10,000,000.
Reporting to the Director, Portfolio Optimization and Training Solutions, this role will focus primarily on providing credit assessment, risk analysis, account maintenance and assist with achieving profitable growth while ensuring optimum customer services is provided.
We are looking for a business savvy, fearless, yet accurate and determined individual. A courageous problem solver – we like to hire people who can think through problems and develop solutions that make sense for the business, for our team members and for our leaders. ATB is an organization that is focused on results and we are looking for someone who continuously seeks ways to find a way to get things done regardless of circumstance and who inspires those around them to achieve exceptional results. ATB has always been more than a bank and never been happy with the status quo.
We are looking for a business savvy, fearless, yet accurate and determined individual. A courageous problem solver – we like to hire people who can think through problems and develop solutions that make sense for the business, for our team members and for our leaders. ATB is an organization that is focused on results and we are looking for someone who continuously seeks ways to find a way to get things done regardless of circumstance and who inspires those around them to achieve exceptional results. ATB has always been more than a bank and never been happy with the status quo. We are looking for someone who has aspirations to reimagine existing processes and be relentlessly inventive; who genuinely believes that financial markets can have a transformational impact on the business and has an understanding of the mechanics behind it.
Who we are
Our team of corporate finance professionals assists entrepreneurs and corporations to achieve their strategic goals.
What we do
The Portfolio Optimization Team supports a wide range of business areas within Corporate Financial Services to achieve their objectives and provide outstanding customer service.
- Prepare credit assessments through completion of an application for credit. Analyze to the appropriate degree financial statements to assess risk and determine which ATB financial services best meet the client’s needs
- Assist in authorizing loans to customers after performing credit analysis and obtaining the required documentation, collateral and security to support the loan
- Assess financial service needs of customers through discussion with Corporate Relationship Manager or other members of team or through interview with customer
- Administer existing connections including renewals, expired credits, initiating and following up on arrears and debt recovery
- Identify and either respond to or refer opportunities generated from customer analysis and inquiries to Corporate Relationship Manager, Business and Agriculture, Retail Banking or ATB Investor Services
- Ensure credit decisions / recommendations are in accordance with sound credit granting principles and are in accordance with ATB lending policy and procedures
- Manage risk through account monitoring to identify and act upon any deterioration of account or portfolio risk. This includes ongoing monitoring of industry reports as well as interim and year-end financial information/statements
- Assist the Corporate Relationship Management team with improving efficiencies and profitability of business unit
- Participate in Sales Team meetings by sharing successes, best practices and other information with team
- Manage internal and external relationships in a positive and constructive manner
- 3-6 years in a finance or accounting role or equivalent
- Business or accounting degree at the undergraduate or graduate level or equivalent experience
- MBA, CFA or accounting designation would be an asset
- Strong computer skills, primarily with Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint & Word)
- Basic knowledge of lending policies and products
- Exceptional analytical and financial analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with sophisticated clients
- Ability to meet deadlines and establish priorities to manage multiple issues
- Willingness to learn new skills and acquire new knowledge
- High level of integrity and credibility
- Enthusiastic team player with a proven record of success who wants to be part of a team dedicated to growth and to continuous improvement
- Proven ability to produce effective results while working independently with limited supervision, but also be an effective team member
- Excellent oral communication and business writing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels throughout the organization
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional weekends and evenings
- Hungry. Passionate. Driven. Entrepreneurial spirit. Relentlessly Inventive.
- Do the right thing – we want those who are steadfastly genuine in their pursuit to make banking work for people
- Think big and making it happen – only creative and out-of-the-box thinkers need apply.
- Ability to meet deadlines and establish priorities
- Ability to learn new skills and acquire new knowledge
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will be located in Edmonton, Alberta.
For additional information on this posting, please contact Dwayne Hoopfer.
Please click the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives .
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-05