OverviewAsset & Project Management IT Consultant in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Asset & Project Management IT Consultant
proven ability to manage IT projects. The Consultant… the PMO in support of continuous improvement of internal processes/procedures. • Supports annual audit…
The Asset and Project Management Consultant will confer with clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.
The Consultant must have exceptional technical writing skills supported by a solid and demonstrable understanding of IT Service Management, strategy, security and project management. The Consultant must be a strategic thinker with a proven ability to create strategic and tactical plans, project charters, and research reports. The Consultant will assist with process optimization throughout information technology and communicate changes to stakeholders.
Project management/control is a large component of the position. The Consultant must have strong knowledge of the Project Management Lifecycle, as well as a proven ability to manage IT projects. The Consultant will be responsible for supporting the Project Management Office staff within all project-related coordination and administrative duties. The Consultant will also be responsible for the maintenance and tracking of the PMO budget/reconciliation with Finance monthly and project artefact storage (i.e. project documentation, invoices, timesheets, etc.).
The Consultant will also be responsible for administrating the Altiris Asset Management suite and overseeing the overall asset management practice at Home Trust.
Systems consulting related duties:
- Assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware, and develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.
- Provide technical writing for department/enterprise policies, guidelines, and strategic plans.
- Identify and document requirements – conduct business and technical studies.
- Assist in implementation of new information systems business solutions.
- Provide advice on information technology strategy, policy, governance, risk, security and service delivery.
- Administrate the Altiris Asset Management suite and oversee the overall asset management practice at Home Trust.
Business process management related duties:
- Use best in practice methodologies and tools to develop, document, and optimize new business processes as required.
- Apply quality and continuous process improvement standards.
- Develop procedures to support process and document
- Collect input on process requirements from stakeholders
- Ensure new business processes meet regulatory requirements.
- Understand relationship between processes and ensure that new processes do not negatively impact other work
- Gain approval for new processes and work with process owners to implement.
- Effectively communicate changes to process and procedures, both verbally and in writing.
- Evaluate new and existing processes to ensure effectiveness, compliance with policy and regulations.
- Work with process owner and stakeholders to revise process, related documentation and procedures.
- Understand regulatory requirements that affect the work to be accomplished.
Project Control related duties:
- Assists in the preparation of status reports.
- Assists in PMO communications.
- Support PMO in generation of all required internal reporting using consistent formats across different target audiences.
- May assist with project budget, tracking against actual costs (i.e. time, hardware, software, etc.) and resolving discrepancies.
- May assist with preparation of PMO financial reports and update budget tracking reports by scrutinizing variances, verifying account charges, analyzing time reporting records and maintaining financial records.
- Establishes project artifact e-library in accordance with HTC Records Management policy.
- Handles on-boarding of new PMO staff.
- May lead initiatives for the PMO in support of continuous improvement of internal processes/procedures.
- Supports annual audit process for continuous improvement.
- May participate in the development of new PMO tools or templates.
- Works independently and in a team environment under the direction of the Project or Program Manager and the relevant IT and business stakeholders as appropriate.
Compliance related duties:
- Works with the AVP, PMO to support the internal audit process designed to measure the health of PMO programs/projects.
- Ensures compliance with HTC policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Altiris Asset Management suite – ability to administrate the system and oversee Home Trust’s asset management practice through demonstrated knowledge of Asset management best practices and systems.
- Solid knowledge of ITIL – minimum of ITIL Foundation certification required
- Exceptional technical writing skills essential
- Expertise using Microsoft office, Project, and Visio.
- Demonstrated understanding of Risk Management
- Demonstrated understanding of Information Security
- Effective analytical, listening and problem solving skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- In-depth understanding of IT processes – problem management, change management, incident management, etc.
- Effective interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to meet deliverables, prioritize activities and multi-task with a strong sense of urgency to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of the PMLC + SDLC – proven ability to manage an IT project
- Strategic thinker
University degree in Computer Science, business or related field with a focus on Information Technology.
Some university & experience in IT in the financial sector combined with exceptional/demonstrable knowledge of Information Technology – including Security, Project Management, and Service Management.
ITIL Foundation certification is a minimum requirement.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13