OverviewArt Gallery of Ontario Communications Officer, Online Media Full Time in Toronto, ON
Art Gallery of Ontario
Branch Toronto ON CA
Communications Officer, Online Media
Provides and executes creative and digital content, ensuring consistency of style and tone, relevancy for target groups/search engine optimization, and…
The Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) is one of the most distinguished art museums in North America. The AGO is a centre of exhibition production, art-based education, exhibitions, gallery tours, dining, and retail and is committed to delivering an incredible experience to our visitors. If you are seeking a dynamic, multi-faceted work environment and would like to contribute to the Gallery’s success, then bring your skills and experience to the position of
Communications Officer, Online Media
Regular Full-Time; Up to 35 Hours a Week
The Communications Officer, Online Media, is responsible for contributing to and implementing external communications strategies and targeted communications plans in support of the AGO’s priorities, as outlined in the Strategic Plan.
• Communications/Web and Social Media
• Media Relations
• Team Support
• Writes copy, edits and proofreads web and online content, optimizing it for the online environment. Provides and executes creative and digital content, ensuring consistency of style and tone, relevancy for target groups/search engine optimization, and consistency with the brand, institutional messaging and best practice.
• Interacts directly with project teams to ensure online needs have been articulated and coordinates the flow of updates to all AGO online properties (website, intranet, microsites, social media tools and email marketing). Assists content providers (individuals, project teams and program areas) to develop and post content. This may include writing material, training individuals how to use the social media tools and coordinating the information being posted. Updates information as necessary and uploads material to both the AGO website and social media platforms.
• Builds and maintains engagement of various social media tools such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Acts as a spokesperson in social media channels. Administrates the social media and web content management schedule, and verifies that content and digital assets are made available within publication deadlines.
• Participates in the development of strategies, plans and tactics as they relate to the AGO’s web and social media properties. Recommends institutional guidelines for social media content, engagement and participation.
• Monitors and reports on website and social media traffic and performance, using online analytics tools as required.
• As directed, researches, tracks and evaluates current and emerging web technologies, trends and issues in support of marketing and communications strategies.
• Attends various functions in Gallery spaces, (e.g. First Thursdays, press previews, exhibition launch events, etc.) and uses a variety of social media tools to disseminate information about the Gallery and/or the function. Supports the functions of the Communications department and performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, online communications or web communications, or the equivalent mix of education and experience.
• Directly-related work experience in public relations and issues management, either traditional or online.
• Directly-related work experience with content management systems and workflow. Experience with ModX is an asset.
• Directly-related and extensive work experience creating and coordinating content for various social media tools, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Directly-related and extensive work experience cultivating and maintaining online social media communities.
• Directly-related work experience with email marketing concepts and systems.
• Proven track record convening online communities on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and others.
• Demonstrated internet content presence and web writing style.
• Accomplished and fluid writer and editor.
• Extensive knowledge of—and demonstrated proficiency with—Canadian Press Style guidelines.
• Demonstrated relative knowledge of HTML and XML, and directly related experience with design software and web implementation tools/languages: e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress and RSS.
• Demonstrated knowledge of web usability design and principles.
• Directly related experience with Google Analytics.
We invite individuals who reflect the diversity of our visitors to apply. Visit our website at www.ago.net/jobs and complete your online application profile by August 7, 2015. If you are including a cover letter, please address this to: The Hiring Manager.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-01